“Good casual restaurant downtown”
Review of Pearlz Oyster Bar

Pearlz Oyster Bar
Ranked #23 of 999 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Original, Eclectic Little Oyster BarPearlz Oyster Bar is committed to serving only the best seafood South Carolina has to offer. Our Seafood Menu features an assorted mix of raw shellfish, local seafood, Lowcountry recipes, and regional favorites. Our raw bar offers a variety of oysters and fresh seasonal shellfish. We're also a part of the Sustainable Seafood Initiative, so eating at Pearlz is good for both the palate and the planet.A full-service bar serving the coldest beers and unique, refreshing cocktails, Pearlz has become a favorite happy hour meeting spot for both locals and visitors alike.Patrons looking for a nightcap and a bite to eat can order from our late night menu, which features several of Pearlz' signature dishes.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We recommend the fish tacos (my wife prefers the mahi and I like the swordfish). The staff is friendly and prices are moderate. This is one of a growing chain of restaurants in the Southeast. Nearby sister restaurant Liberty also is very good.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for visiting Pearlz in Columbia. We hope to have you and your wife back soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place is, well, awesome. The fried oysters are as good as you will get anywhere. The appetizer is about 6 oysters served with blue cheese and hot sauce; this makes a great combo. The fried green tomato veggie side is a meal in itself. The "oyster shot is just that, an oyster, horseradish, cocktail sauce, and vodka. It drinks like a half shell oyster eats. The atmosphere is nice, college bar, relaxed, and a bit loud as expected. This was my first trip but I will be back. There was a seafood Cobb salad I want to try. Parking can be tough though. The menus is online but there are a lot of specials that are not.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

We look forward to having you back to Pearlz in Columbia. Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us. See you soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We ate at Perlz in Columbia because we enjoyed the one in Charleston so much. We went with friends and had the southern buffalo oysters, steamed oysters, grill asparagus, clam chowder and home made potato chips. All of the food was fresh and well prepared. The server was helpful and courteous.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

It is great to know that you visited us in Columbia after having a great experience in at the Charleston Pearlz. We hope to have you back to both of them again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went on a Saturday night. Got there about 8 or 9, and only a 20 minute wait. I was happy about that. My daughters felt like it was really loud, but it is an oyster bar so I didn't think it was so bad. The oysters were out of this world and reasonably priced. I ordered the shrimp and grits. Everyone at our table enjoyed what they ordered. Our only hiccup was that i had to ask for sweet & low 3 times for my tea, and still didn't get it. I had to get up and go and get one of the hostesses to get me some. Other than this, it was well worth the money and an enjoyable time.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you very much for dining with us at Pearlz Oyster Bar in Columbia and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We were very glad to hear how much you and your guests enjoyed our food selections. Shrimp and Grits is definitely becoming one of our most popular new dishes. It was unfortunate, however, to hear your comments regarding the attentiveness of your server. At Pearlz, our goal is to pair the delicious food from our kitchen, with a style of service that is both hospitable and highly attentive. We apologize that we did not meet our goal entirely in your experience. We do take the comments and feedback from our guests very seriously and we will be using your experience as a learning opportunity for our team. We hope that the high level of enjoyment you had for our food will encourage you to let us take care of you again in the near future. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying I have only eaten here once but it has become a ritual among my friends to start a night out in the Vista with a Pearlz oyster shot. The place is always packed on the weekend and would be rather loud if I was trying to have a nice dinner with conversation. The food is good but rather expensive. Overall it is a good place and worth the stop for a shot! FYI, I am not a heavy drinker and past those days of "shots" but these are just really good.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for visiting Pearlz in Columbia. Also thank you for making us part of a ritual with your friends to stop by for oyster shots when you go out. We hope to see you again soon!