“Convenient location, right off the interstate.”

Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ
Ranked #136 of 969 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: South Carolina's Favorite Barbeque! Real BBQ, Cooked on our Hickory Wood-Fired Pits for 24 Hours!We cook our BBQ the old fashioned way, over hickory coals for 24 hours to optimize that smoky flavor with no preservatives or chemicals! Taste our Ribs, Chicken, & Brisket, and one of the Best Burgers in Columbia! Family Owned and Operated since 1953.
Clover, SC
“Convenient location, right off the interstate.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stopped because it was off the exit. Good portions, friendly staff. I tried the standard plate which has coleslaw and rice & hash with BBQ. Comes mustard based but cashier recommended that I put some of the tomato based on it also. Blended well. Both of the sides were excellent. We also got a banana pudding to go. Very good also and plenty for two people.

Burlington, NC
“Tasty - as always!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Being a NC guy (who loves Lexington-styled BBQ), I have found that SC's mustard-based BBQ is also pretty doggone good! Over the years, when visiting Columbia, SC, I've tried to stop in at a Maurice's Piggie Park - and once again, I was very pleased. The BBQ was moist, lean, and tasty... and cole slaw excellent, and the white rice & hash is really good too. Good place to chow down.

• Visited October 2013
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Always make a stop when in Carolina”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

It's been a long time since I lived in Columbia, but every time I visit, I make sure I stop at one Maurice's locations. The mustard based bbq is something that I can only find in SC, so it's a unique taste that I crave when I'm in the area. It's far from gourmet, but it is really good from time to time. I really think overall I enjoy the hush puppies and slaw the most. My friends, who live in the area, don't get as excited as I do about going here when I'm in town, but I guess it's one of those foods you only appreciate when you don't always have access to it. Yes, I'll be going there again on my next trip.

• Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Random stop found great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Big portions. Tried all the sauces, everyone great. Carolina Hash? I almost bought another plate of it. Highly recommend this place...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tpurvis06
Southport
“BBQ changed recently”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stopped en route to Atlanta as we have many times. This was the location on S Lake Dr in Lexington SC just off I-20. The pork ribs were soaked in BBQ sauce and mushy. It was as though they had been cooked much earlier and then heated in sauce all day. My husband had the pulled pork, which was prepared in the same manner. This had to be the worst BBQ we have ever eaten. This was not at all like it originally was served, or even a year ago. The interior of the place has seen better days and there was only one waitress managing carryout and tables.

• Visited April 2013