“Great place”

Ranked #15 of 1,110 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Hunter-Gatherer Brewery has been brewing and serving classic ales since 1995. Starting in 2015, we will regularly feature cask-conditioned ales served from wood kilderkins made by Alastair Simms, the only master cooper in the United Kingdom. Michael Jackson, aka the "Beer Hunter", visited the Hunter-Gatherer Brewery in 1997. He wrote that the Hunter-Gatherer is "the kind of place CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ale) members might enjoy. The beer is the hero, rather than the brewery being an afterthought. In the U.S., And even sometimes in Britain, the latter is too often the case." Michael Jackson was the best beer writer and critic the world has known. A compliment from Michael Jackson is as meaningful as it gets in the brewery world.
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

We really live this place. Great beer section and a fun fantastic atmosphere. Pretty good pizzas to.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

I loved this place. So much character. Great selection of fresh beers. Everyone had different beers and loved them. Pizza was good.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

We ate as a group after a long road trip. We were a big group and had hoped for better service but it was Monday night and took the poor service with a grain of salt. We had appetizers and I had a light entree. Some in our group had dessert. I tasted a little of each and all were delicious. I had one of their beers and it too was delicious. I cannot recall all that I ate and drank because I waited too long to post this. The atmosphere is great and worth the visit if you are in town!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019

I had the special, a chicken roulade butternut squash with wild mushrooms pecan parmigiano reggiano and rosemary risotto, and it was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed March 5, 2019

This is a fairly nice place, but neither the food, service or atmosphere were such that I would choose it over numerous other restaurants in the area. The noise makes it hard to have a decent conversation. The food was ok, though I would have expected bread and butter with my main dish. The waitress was nice enough, though we often had to call her to get water or other beverages. All in all, our experience merits a yawn.

Date of visit: February 2019