“WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!”

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

So I am a regular to Bombay Grill just because I LOVE their Malai Kofta, but this night I just had it with their awful service. As soon as my husband and I walked in, the owner (the Indian lady) was having a full on conversation to one of the customers as they were leaving and tells her little daughter (she is probably around 7 or 8 years old) to seat us (which I think is totally unprofessional). Usually everytime I go there she always has two of her daughters running around playing around the restaurant and I think that just looks unprofessional.

When we were ready to order, I tell them I want my food 6 on the scale 1-6 (as I get it regularly). And my husband tells her that he wants his food 10 (super spicy). When we get our food, my food is hot as my husbands and I could hardly eat it!!! I drank all my water and had to drink all of my husbands because they never came to fill our water cup since we first sat down! I literally got up with both of our cups to ask for some water and as I do so, I see her just standing there bored (when she could have came check up on all her customers to see if they need water or any other assistance).

Also when one of the workers came to give us our food, he is standing right in front of our table with our food on the serving tray and yelling something to another worker across the restaurent for something small and as he is doing so, he was spilling around 1/5 of our food onto the trey!!! I was mad bc i felt like a lot of the gravy spilled out (which is the best part). And towards checking out, I see the hispanic worker lady eating her food and licking her fingers and then grabbed the to go boxes for another customer with her licked fingers touching inside of the to go box, which totally disgusted me! Also my husband saw her poor a water from a glass (im guessing from one of the customer's?) back into the water pitcher!!! After seeing these things, I wonder how are things in the back. I mean I LOVE their food, but I definitely will not be coming back here again when I can get much better service right down the road at another Indian restaurant which is equally as good in food.

I recommend not going to this restaurant at all by any means!!!! These people do not understand the meaning of good customer service or hygiene!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rupal P

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Terrific spicy, great Indian food”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our dinner was so good we wished we lived here and could come every week. My husband ordered chicken madras, which wasn't on the menu, but they were happy to make it and it was really good. I ordered chicken tikka masala...it was so good! Spicy and full of flavor. The flavors are still happy in our mouths hours later. We ordered extra to take home, and will come here the next time we are in Columbia.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SusanTravells
“Favorite Indian Food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My fiancé and I have been going here for a few months and our experiences have been positive. I normally get the saag chicken or the tikka chicken saag and chicken naan. I have never gotten horrible service there in the months I have visited. The only possibly bad thing I can say on service is that once they forgot a chicken naan order of mine. However they remembered everything else, including my main dish.

I have experienced the buffet once and the experience was okay. They didn't have the saag chicken on the buffet that day, so I had to try some new food. The food was good and I enjoyed trying the new items. The only negative thing I can say about that was they didn't have names with the foods. So, I won't know what to get next time.

• Visited March 2013
South Carolina
“Good Buffet Bad Staff Ok atmosphere”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Lunch Buffet offered here is pretty good for the price we pay. I like the south Indian Dishes a lot and they make it very good here. The punjabi food is edible and the desert is terrible. The attiude of the staff (Indian) are very rude and bad, there is a mexican girl who is very kind and nice but she cant communicate properly due to language barrier, overall only fo for lunch buffet, the food for dinner is not that great

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gotofly2
COLUMBIA
“Bombay grill the terrible”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Bombay grill is the worst food ever! no person should ever visit this place.in my food I found a pebble. And when I told him this he shouted at me. And may I not forget to point out his name is Laxman. This "man" does not like constructive criticism. The restraunt is a total fail. This "man" does not no how to behave with ladies!

2 Thank SONAL T