“Best Italian in Columbia”
Review of Alodia's

Alodia's
Ranked #1 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In order to provide the best and most efficient service possible, we will no longer be accepting standard reservations or call-ahead seating. This new policy will help us ensure that we can accommodate all of our loyal guests in the most efficient way possible. We will continue to honor limited reservations as part of our VIP membership program. We look forward to seeing you at the restaurant and creating new memories with you and your family. Adam and Betsy Huneau, owners *********** Alodia's Cucina Italiana is a restaurant born from the love of an Italian family. Proprietor Adam Huneau's first restaurant is sure to wow taste buds with his authentic Italian Cuisine comprised of recipes that have been pulled from the pages of his family's cookbook. Named after his Great-Grandmother, Alodia's fare and ambiance resounds with the smells and tastes of Old Italy. Fresh sauces and homemade pastas are the foundation of the menu that brought generations together. Adam is devoted to making his restaurant as inviting and warm as his own family's kitchen. It was the love of food and family that allowed Alodia to cook for her nine children, even through the struggles of the Great Depression and World War II. It was her food that strengthened her children, but it was her love that strengthened her family. Adam and his wife Betsy are proud to bring Alodia's food to a new generation. We hope that you will join us at Alodia's Cucina Italiana for Italian food that dazzles the taste buds and warms the soul.. Brunch on Sundays: 11am-2pm. Dinner: 5pm-9:30pm.
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

This is my new favorite restaurant in the area...actually closer to Irmo, I think. We started with mussels. I wasn't crazy about them being in a creamy sauce but I ended up drinking every last drop. Delicious! I had chicken Marsala and it was outstanding as well. Can't wait to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We tried Alodia's and the food was good but it doesn't earn a number one spot in my opinion. I was expecting more but the food left me underwhelmed. The service and atmosphere is nice but there are several other Italian restaurants in Columbia that I feel are better. Ehh, I just don't get it but will give it another shot just in case I went on a off night.

1  Thank YblesEnahs
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Meeting some very nice out of town visitors. Anyone who thinks that Trip Advisor isn't helpful needs to read this.
This past Saturday on our way to Alodia's we noticed a family from Alabama traveling in the same direction we were. I mentioned to my wife that they were using their Garmin and guessed they were looking for Alodia's.
Sure enough they pulled in right behind us and when they entered the restaurant we introduced ourselves and they confirmed they searched out Alodia's based on the comments they had read on Trip Advisor...(including mine).
They were a very nice family originally from Shanghai who had both studied at Washington and Washington State...(PH'D's). They were in Columbia fro one of their children to compete in an art contest. Both were now based at Auburn University as faculty.
I introduced them to the owner...Adam... and lo and behold...Adam lived in Auburn, Alabama for 5 years. They had a nice conversation talking about places known to both at Auburn....and as usual had a fine dinner with their two young children with some great conversation and new friends being made on an out of town trip.......SMALL WORLD isn't it.
Just goes to show you folks....people do read and value the opinions registered here.
So keep those revues coming and keep them honest too.

2  Thank Bruce I
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We eat at Alodia's several times each year. We are yet to have an experience that is anything less than excellent. The staff is always courteous and attentive and the food is always some of the best we have anywhere. We cannot recommend this place highly enough.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We love the combination of Italian and American dishes. The presentation is creative enough to be considered upscale, but doesn't take away from the comforting homestyle cooking. The new healthy choices menu is a bonus!