“Chicken Parmesan”

Ranked #1 of 978 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In order to provide the best and most efficient service possible, we will no longer be accepting standard reservations or call-ahead seating. This new policy will help us ensure that we can accommodate all of our loyal guests in the most efficient way possible. We will continue to honor limited reservations as part of our VIP membership program. We look forward to seeing you at the restaurant and creating new memories with you and your family. Adam and Betsy Huneau, owners *********** Alodia's Cucina Italiana is a restaurant born from the love of an Italian family. Proprietor Adam Huneau's first restaurant is sure to wow taste buds with his authentic Italian Cuisine comprised of recipes that have been pulled from the pages of his family's cookbook. Named after his Great-Grandmother, Alodia's fare and ambiance resounds with the smells and tastes of Old Italy. Fresh sauces and homemade pastas are the foundation of the menu that brought generations together. Adam is devoted to making his restaurant as inviting and warm as his own family's kitchen. It was the love of food and family that allowed Alodia to cook for her nine children, even through the struggles of the Great Depression and World War II. It was her food that strengthened her children, but it was her love that strengthened her family. Adam and his wife Betsy are proud to bring Alodia's food to a new generation. We hope that you will join us at Alodia's Cucina Italiana for Italian food that dazzles the taste buds and warms the soul.. Brunch on Sundays: 11am-2pm. Dinner: 5pm-9:30pm.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Chicken Parmesan”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Alodia's this weekend, since it was one of the few top ten Columbia restaurant's that we hadn't tried. We were impressed with the feel of the place as well as the food and service. Even though we waited 30 minutes to be seated and the place was packed, the service was top notch and quick. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan, my wife ordered the Chicken Marsala. Both dishes were prepared perfectly and were large enough that we had enough left over for lunch the next day. We will definitely be going back, but next time with a reservation.

1 Thank Lbouknight

Lexington, S.C.
“MIXED BAG”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I ate here on 4/20/13, our first time here, and I was not really impressed with the food. My wife doesn't care for cooked tomato dishes, so she ordered an alfredo dish. She said her meal was just ok; but, she has had better. My wife tried the bread without the herb butter that they serve with it, and said that the bread by itself has little to no taste. The salads were good, but this is the first "upscale" Italian restaurant that I've been to that the salads are "a la carte", and not included in the price of the meal. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs, which I consider to be a simple, staple dish for any Italian restaurant. The spaghetti was cooked ok, the sauce was bland with little taste, and the meatballs tasted bitter. The portion sizes I thought were a little small for the price. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. Overall, I have better Italian restaurants that are closer, so I don't feel that we will return anytime soon.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Loved the Seafood Risotto”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a taste for risotto - which is not something you typically find in a "chain" italian restaurant - so my husband and I decided to try Alodia's. We weren't expecting to be impressed since the restaurant is located in a shopping center (complete with a grocery store, nail salon, bar, and chinese takeout), but when you step through the doors, you forget all of that. The owners have done a great job of creating a a quaint little restaurant with a very cozy and easily romantic atmosphere, but still family-friendly. Although it was not busy when we arrived, the place is somewhat small so I cannot imagine you'd have to compete for service. Our waitress was very nice and attentive.

I had the seafood risotto (sauteed shrimp and scallops over lobster base risotto). The shrimp was nicely done, the scallops were HUGE, and the risotto was very nicely cooked. I was very pleased with my selection. My husband chose the chicken parmesan. While he said it was good, he also said it wasn't the best he'd ever had. (I should mention, since our trip to Italy last year, my husband is VERY critical of italian food!).

Overall, it was a great dining experience. I would recommend Alodia's however, it is a bit out of the way, so I wouldn't make any special trips. But if you're in the area, do stop in.

Lexington, South Carolina
“Solid, but NOT a 5.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Good experience, good food, good service, fair prices, good atmosphere - but not a home run.

The Caprese Salad had no taste or sign of basil, and yes, it does come with jarred Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. It was still quite tasty, if not odd. The filet was excellent. The Potatoes au Gratin should be re-titled Rosemary Potatoes au Gratin. I like rosemary, but it was a surprise and right at the limit of too much. Plating was non-existent. Instead of a meat-and-3, try to picture a meat-and-1. The warm bread COULD be a hit, but for some reason it was totally unremarkable. Still, the service, atmosphere and quality of the filet went a long way toward still making our meals enjoyable.

The wine list was thin with only 4 or 5 wines of each type ranging from cheap to expensive - most of which I had never heard of. I occasionally buy a $110 bottle of wine but I NEVER buy a $110 bottle of wine I have never heard of. Instead, I went with a $40 bottle that I had never heard of - and that is pushing my limit. (Don't expect a sommelier. You are on your own!)

Still, the experience was very good. If this was Charleston, New Orleans, Las Vegas or Paris, Alodia's would be just another fish in the gastronomical sea of wonder. But for a town that is overrun with pizza places and dirty little bars that specialize in buffalo wings, this is truly a little gem.

It is cozy and solid. I would not be embarrassed to take out of town clients here.

Lexington, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Manicotti!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

April 6 I was in the mood for Italian and hadn't had the Manicotti in a long time. It was excellent and enough to take home and eat the next day, which by the way held its flavor! Sign of good cooking.