“Gross”

Ranked #76 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Chappaqua, New York
“Gross”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were driving down to Florida and stopped here just for a cheap stay. Please, unless you like disgusting, dumpy hotels, do not stay here. We got to our room, it was disgusting. There were bugs in the bathroom, the beds were awful, the ceiling was peeling, it smelled disgusting, and a lot more. It was 50 dollars for one night, I would not come back there if they paid me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We travel often and upon reading the reviews I was kind of leery on staying at this hotel. I called and spoke with the front desk regarding my concerns and they advised me that they were under new management and had done some renovations in the process. Once I arrived at the hotel I was very pleased with the way I was greeted upon entering, they seemed very helpful with any concerns that I had voiced. When I walked into my room it was freshly painted, cleaned and had a flat screen tv and fridge and microwave in it. I was pleased with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Greenville, Mississippi
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hotel was not worth the money or time. It seemed like no one spoke clear English, so it made it EXTREMELY difficult for us to communicate with each other. The "pool" was EXTREMELY small for the guest number rooms they have. The location is HORRIBLE. If you do not have a GPS, you will miss it. However, it is convenient to the mall and restaurants...it's just hidden from Two Notch Rd. Also, the sign on the building no longer reads "Comfort Inn", instead, there's a red and yellow sheet-like sign that reads "Econo Lodge". So this will DEFINITELY make you miss the hotel if you do not have a GPS.

Please save your time and money and go to ANOTHER hotel. SMH

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Marysville, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2010

After a long day of driving, we attempted to check in to this hotel. We had made our reservations two months prior to arrival We were alarmed by the disgusting appearance of the hotel, but thought we could survive one night. We were told that the computer system was down and they could not check us in. We were very frustrated and very tired, but acknowledged that the situation was unplanned by the hotel staff. We returned about an hour later after some dinner and was told that that they had not resol.ved the computer issues. The manager was very insensitive and very rude. We asked for assistance in findhing another hotel and he didn't provide any assistance.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mnh0514
Houston
Reviewed May 27, 2010

A train rolls through right next to the hotel at different times during the middle of the night/early morning. The two rooms that I stayed in were very dirty. If you are used to paying a company money for staying in a dirty place then go for it, however, if you expect it to be neat like your home then forget it. Due to the uncleanliness of the rooms I did not eat the continental breakfast offered because who knew what you would really get. You would be better off spending $10 bucks more and stay in a newer, nicer and accomodating place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank lbartel
Alabama
Reviewed July 31, 2009

When we finally made it the the room, we were disappointed that the rooms looked nothing like the pictures that were on the internet. They had roaches, the pool was green, we even found in our room(what we called a alien bug) something I had never seen before a house centipede.The latch for the door was broken and the faucet for the bathroom sink was not properly working and when someone came to fix it she could not speak any English and did not understand us.There was hair all in the bathroom and the tub was dirty.I would recommend looking into other hotels in the area and staying away from this one.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Traveling
Reviewed June 19, 2009

My family and I came here on a trip to visit my brother who is gradutating from fort jackson (a near by military base).

The service here was very nice, and the rooms were very clean. The food wasnt bad either, nor the coffee. Overall it was a nice place to be. With one exception.

During our stay here we expirienced all sorts of bad luck. My brother had an epileptic seizure and my friend had to go to the hospital for breezing issues. The main issue though was theft.

During our stay here our car was robbed right in the parking lot of the hotel. Our money, social security carsds, insurance cards, credit cards, and passports were stolen. Not to mention our drivers licenses.

Later that day our room was also robbed. The room was robbed by what appeared to be a hotel employee. The door was locked when we left and upon our return the door was unlocked and our stuff was gone! There were no signs of forced entry. Since the employees were the only ones besides us who had a key card, we have decided it was most likely them.

We did speak to the manager and he was very kind, but did not want to compensate us.

• Stayed June 2009