“Great stay - thanks”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Ranked #41 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Wonderful;, spacy and clean room, helpful and friendly staffm good location are all factors that have contributed to make this a great stay.
The only downside is that the wi-fi internet connection is sometimes weeakm slow or erratic from my room

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are very delighted you enjoyed your stay with our spacious, refreshed guest rooms plus 36" televisions. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 8, 2011

We booked this hotel to attend a retirement party for a family member being held nearby. We were happy that we were able to check-in early & were surprised to see the accommodations. Location is perfect to go to the mall & other restaurants in the area. Plan to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you! We are very happy you were pleased with our refreshed, spacious guest rooms, comfortable, pillow top mattresses, work stations and socket lamps making it convenient to plug in your accessories. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 22, 2010

The service and room were excellent. The facility is new or newly renovated with all modern amenities. It is near many restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2010

As a frequent business traveler the Holiday Inn North management and staff have created a hotel environment that exceeds every level of customer service in the hotel industry. This hotel meets all the criteria for location, amenities, service, and hospitality for families and business travelers alike. I recommend the Holiday Inn to anyone looking for quality accomodations and excellent service and I challenge any business traveler who works in Fort Jackson S.C. area to show me a better hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Checked into the hotel and paid $96.57 CASH for a one night stay but was told that the $50 incidental fees would have to be charged on my credit card but would be removed after checking out! Ok so I gave the young girl my credit card as she was also dealing with the person she checked in before me that she put in an already occupied room. The next morning as I was looking at the bill they placed under the door I noticed they politely charged my credit card for the total price of the room and took my cash!!! I went down to the front desk and the young lady gave me a receipt with a credit on it but 3 days later I noticed that the transaction was completed on my credit card and there were still pending charges for $50.00 and another for $46.57 which is the total price of the room. So I know paid $289.71 for a one night stay at this hotel! I called and talked to a manager that politely said she did see the mistake and would credit my card back. A few minutes later I noticed another CHARGE (not refund) on my card for $96.57. I am now still waiting on all my refunds to hit my account while I am out almost $300.00 because of their screw up!!! Oh but I was offered a free night stay at their hotel! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank kimaltizer3

Thank you for staying with us during your visit. We apologize for the challenges you faced with our credit card services. Since your stay, we have expanded our services to inform all of our guests, in detail, about debit card authorization holds that are placed at the time of check in on guests debit cards. We are hoping this explanation will be more accommodating for our guests. We truly appreciate you for taking the time to bring the issue to our attention.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

I'm generally loyal to Hilton and Marriott hotels, but I was traveling with extended family to attend my son's graduation from Basic Training at Fort Jackson. My sister booked this hotel and we assumed it would be another typical Holiday Inn.

This was nothing like any Holiday Inn that I've stayed at before. This hotel is obviously newly rennovated. The interior is ultra modern and appealing in a simplistic way. The colors are in earth tones of browns, tan and greens. The beds were awesome.

Although they did not have connecting rooms, the staff accommodated our request to have rooms next door to each other. The rooms are comfortable with a desk, a large flat screen tv, and plenty of drawer space. There was also a coffee pot with fixings to make yourself a pot of coffee. I personally liked that the bathroom amenities were from Body and Bath and smelled wonderful.

I didn't use the fitness center or the pool as our time was full, but I did check out the fitness room. There were not a lot of exercise machines in there, but the room was bright and the equipment was all modern.

I did use the Business Center to get on the internet. There were two computer in there, one was a PC and one was a MAC. Plus a printer, fax, etc. No password was needed, you can just sit down and launch the internet.

I spent two nights in this hotel and was not at all disappointed. It far surpassed my expectations. It was also a convenient location to Fort Jackson.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pipermama
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Booked through priceline. Arrived to find a VERY clean room, and the beds were awesome. We stayed two nights, and wish we could have taken the bed home. Large flatscreen TV. Hotel had obviously been newly renovated. Entire hotel was in excellent shape. Services were top notch. You will not go wrong in booking this hotel........

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple