“Great hotel”

Ranked #37 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great hotel”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there because of the location of the wrestling tournament but I must say that this hotel met all my specifications. There's a place to eat breakfast & dinner plus a lounge. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed February 2013
8105hotelgm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Holiday Inn and Suites Columbia North. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn and Suites a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn.

Best Regards,

Jodi C- Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I reserved room reservations several months in advance for 4 nights. As I got closer to the date, I realized that I would not need that many nights. Upon arrival, I told the clerk (shortly after noon) that I would not need to stay 4 nights and would like a refund of my 4th night. At that moment, I was told that I could not get a refund ... "but I see that you are a Priority customer... and we will give you FOUR (4) complimentary dinners in our restaurant..." and additionally, I would receive a complimentary BREAKFAST as well. I questioned the clerk very carefully... with are you sure?... etc. He assured me that all I would need to do is just give my room number. This did make me feel a little better about having to spend extra money for the 4th night without being there... The first day, no problem. However, when I went for the complimentary dinner on the 2nd day, I was refused... They went on to explain that there was some mistake... this could not be... I did not argue with them, I knew that I would write letters once I returned home... I would later see the same clerk and told him what had happened and he told me I must have been mistaken... NOT THE END OF STORY! I was a vendor with a religious conference. The conference was confined to 3 rooms along the corridor leading to the restaurant. The vendors were set up in the hallway in front of these rooms. The problem is that THE HOTEL HAD A HEATING PROBLEM and it was extremely cold. The vendors had to sit in the cold from 8:30 a.m. until late at night. Although we complained, complained, complained... we got several different responses. They tried to tell us that because this corridor was near a door leading from the outside, that the constant opening and closing of the door was the problem. That was lie #1. We monitored that theory and found that was not the problem. They also said that they would send someone to fix it. It was fixed briefly... but went out again. The front desk did not seem interested in our discomfort and in no hurry to fix the problem. The next day of the conference, again the same problem. They finally decided that they needed to call in a professional from the outside to fix the problem. They finally fixed the problem by replacing a part that was needed. It was warm for a little while. Later, we had a heating problem again. I was told that they just had someone come in and replace a part... but we don't want to turn it up to high because it might create the same problem... So the rest of the day, we began to freeze again... I asked the clerk if they were prepared to refund our money... and he did not answer... I told him this was the worst experience I had ever had at a hotel... At 70 years of age, sitting in the cold for 2 days was not something I should have had to contend with... I would later experience extreme discomfort in my legs due to the cold settling in.

Room Tip: The bedrooms were not the problem. The problem was the hotel had a problem with maintenance and res...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, Assistant Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking time to write you thoughts and concerns. At the Holiday Inn and Suites Columbia North we strive for complete customer satisfaction. We unfortunately we were unable to meet that goal during your stay. We will be meeting with all of our department heads to reiterate our standards and our goals. We will also be passing on your comments to all members of our staff so we will not have any other issues of this nature in the future. On behalf of the hotel please accept our sincerest apologies.

Stephen O - Assistant Front Desk Manager
Statesville, NC
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites on Two Notch Road definitely stands out as a great hotel destination in the outlying Columbia, SC area.

I recently visited the hotel on business and was greatly satisfied with the many amenities. Staying in a hotel for one night is usually not a comfortable experience, but the large King Standard room was well equipped for a comfortable stay. The bathroom was large and very clean, but did only contain a walk-in shower, so make sure to request a room with a tub if that is your preference. The room also was equipped with a very comfortable lounge chair as well as a spacious desk. However, the large king bed was the best place to lie and relax watch the recently installed 42" flatscreen TV. It is very unusual for me to sleep well in a hotel for one night, but the pillow top mattress and choice of firm or soft pillows provided me with a great night of sleep.

The hotel does not offer a continental breakfast, but does offer a cooked-to-order breakfast with menu pricing. The breakfast area opens up into a very spacious area that converts to a lounge at night. Although the waitresses needed a pick-me-up during our stay, the bartenders were very attentive and served our needs. The lounge area provided a great place to relax and watch sports while talking with business friends and associates.

Whether for business or pleasure, the amenities of this affordably priced hotel offer a great night of rest away from home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you Chad for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites North. We strive for complete guest satisfaction and we are very pleased that we met this goal during your recent stay. We appreciate your time to leave us a review. This helps us mantain our high standards of customer service and build morale in the work place. Your comments will be shared with all of our personnel. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Stephen O - Assistant Front Desk Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had a great trip, the room and the stay was great, Checked in very late and Catrina at the front desk was very accommodating. Would definitely stay again. Was able to sleep in, so cannot comment on the breakfast, but the location was close to food and fun.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
8105hotelgm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia N. We will be sure to pass on the recognition to Catrina and let her know how much you appreciated her services while you were staying with us.

We hope you choose to stay with us when you are traveling through the area again in the future.

Best regards,
Jodi C - Front Office Manager
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My mother in law and I traveled down to South Carolina to attend my brother in laws graduation at Fort Jackson. We arrived at the hotel at 3am and Mary was happily at the front desk letting us know we were all checked in and ready to go to our room.

We had trouble getting details from our soldier prior to Graduation, so we asked Mary if she knew anything about graduation and she proceeded to give us details on when and where to be for Family Day and Graduation Day. We were so frazzled and she was extremely helpful & really helped us feel at ease!

Our room was fantastic, soft pillows, great blankets, comfortable bed. The TV had lots of channels, the bathroom was spotless, and best of all there was free Wi-Fi! Our 2nd night there we enjoyed dinner and drinks at the bar and the food/service was fantastic. The last night I was able to use the business center to check in on our flight and print our boarding passes. That saved us a lot of hassle at the airport.

This hotel is about 10 minutes away from the graduation entrance of Fort Jackson, its conveniently located near both highways, several restaurants, and grocery stores. It is a win-win for any family going to Ft. Jackson's graduation or if you need a hotel near the city of Columbia!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
8105hotelgm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience and a marvelous time at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to us and to everyone on our staff.

Thank you for staying with us!!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Close to shopping, restaurants, and Ft Jackson. Rooms are clean and well taken care off. Bed is very comfortable. Stephen at front counter is awesome. Easy location to expressway. Prices for drinks at the lounge are very reasonable.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
8105hotelgm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a Guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn and Suites a leader in excellence.

Thank you!!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Friendly, accomodating staff. Good food. Nice rooms. Excellent housekeeping. Fitness center good as well. Bed was very comfortable with an option of pillow preference. Large flat screen tv. Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2013
We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay and a marvelous time at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to us and to everyone on our staff.

Kind Regards,