“Stephan greets you warmly. Good location.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Ranked #38 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbus, Ohio
“Stephan greets you warmly. Good location.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This Holiday Inn is just off I-77 north. A quick left at the light right off the interstate ramp. (you turn right from the ramp) This Holiday Inn is a update facility. The room had a small refrig. but no microwave in the room. There is a coffee maker(with coffee&etc). My room did not come with a breakfast which surprised me but, for a small additional charge you can have breakfast in the restaurant. I can't tell you about because I didn't make it there. Stephan was very welcoming & informative when I arrived. He made it very easy to check-in. Checking out was also very quick & easy. A good place to stop on your travels. Another good Holiday Inn location. I just wish they were alittle bite cheaper.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear foreverpoor,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with our hotel, the Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia N. We enjoy reading the positive feedback with our guests.

As you mentioned, we do offer rates which include breakfast. When making your reservation in the future you may ask an associate about the details.

Thank you again for expressing your kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Amy T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stay there several times a month and they treat me like family. Jodi and her staff has always gone the extra mile to accommodate me. Clean and friendly. Good location for my travels. Close to good restaurants and a variety of stores and entertainment. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear d4673,

Thank you for taking time to express your gratitude with the Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia N and our front desk staff. It is our main goal to achieve 100% customer satisfaction for all our guests each and every visit, whether it is the very first time visiting or we have seen you every week for two years, it is our pleasure to welcome you as an extended member of the Holiday Inn family.

I have shared your comments with Jodi and her team. They are delighted to hear such great praise.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia N for your lodging needs.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great check in expierience with Claudia. All my expectations were met. She moved me to a quiet room on the sixth floor. The hotel is located at a the north end of town. Easy access to the interstate. Plenty of places top restaurants nearby to dine. I'll be back to this location whenever I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Great location and easy on and off the expressway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Phil B,

Thank you for expressing your ease of checking in with Claudia upon your arrival. We strive to be efficient for our guests since they are traveling great distances.

As you mentioned, we are conveniently located with access to I-77, I-20 and 277. Next time you visit us, keep in mind we do offer breakfast and dinner services in our hotel. 8105 Bistro is open 6:30am daily and dinner in the Living Room Lounge begins at 5:30pm each evening.

We appreciate your kind words regarding your experience with us and hope to see you again soon.

Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family stayed here on our way back to Florida from West Virginia. This hotel is exactly half way between Central Florida & Snowshoe Resort West Virginia and is a great place to stay to break up the long drive. When we arrived I was promptly greeted by the friendly & professional front desk staff. I was impressed by the quick check in process and the clean modern conveniences of this hotel. I was also impressed by the newness of the hotel, I was expecting an older hotel for the very low rate we payed. The 2 queen standard room we stayed in was very new and modern and everything was well maintained. The beds & pillows were some of the most comfortable beds I have slept on in a hotel. The hotel parking lot is well lit at night and there are also many good restaurants to choose from very close to this hotel. I would definitely stay here again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear MoJo777,

Thank you for your recent review regarding our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make your experience known to our staff and potential guests in the future.

We are always delighted to receive positive feedback from our customers. It is rewarding when our guests recognize us for our efforts to provide stellar service and accommodations and then takes the time to say thank you.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia N.

Regards,
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is Great if you want to stay in a clean and friendly environment the holiday inn on two notch road is the place to go there is Excellent customer service the food is great, in a very good location, amazing staff especially Jodi corp she has been amazing.I'd rate this hotel 5 stars.id say this has been the Best holiday inn yet.

• Stayed January 2013
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear NathanMontgomery,

Thank you for expressing your kind words and feedback about our hotel. We are striving to be the "best Holiday Inn yet" as you have stated we have already achieved. It is with feedback like yours that let us know when we are doing a good job and help us to improve where we can for our future guests.

We appreciate your continued patronage to our Holiday Inn while you are in the Columbia area. Next time you are here join us for dinner in The Living Room Lounge for a fun cocktail and some of our famous Carolyn's Carolina Chicken. You won't be disappointed!

We look forward to seeing you again real soon, NathanMontgomery.

Regards,
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in may hotels but Jodi is the reason i keep coming back to this one. She makes me feel at home when ever we walk through the door. The rooms are always excellent and clean. The only problem i have is the service in the on premise could use a little improvement.

Dear Quinflem,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and services at the Holiday Inn. We pride ourselves on maintaining a positive, friendly environment for all our guests. Rest assured your comments have been shared with Jodi and her staff.

We are also aware of the issues we are currently experiencing in our breakfast restaurant, 8105 Bistro. We are working diligently to provide a better customer experience for our guests who choose to dine in with us in the morning. In the future do not hesitate to approach me directly if you experience any further complications or a negative experience while using this venue.

We thank you again for your kind words and appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

Warm Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I travel a lot over the southeastern states and stay in many hotels but the welcome I get the Jodi at the Holiday Inn Suites makes me feel as if I'm not just a room renter without a face.
She always welcomes me with a smile and sometimes a high five to let me know that shes glad I'm back in the house. Whatever needs I may have she and the staff make sure I'm taken care of asap.
Nice rooms,breakfast staff and fitness area but the dining room staff could be a little bit more kind,all in all as long as Jodi's there with her smile I know I will be taken care of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Ron J,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Holiday Inn and Suites and Jodi. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn a leader in excellence.

In regards to the staffing problems with the breakfast servers, your comments were reviewed by hotel management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature is not repeated in the future. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Amy T