“Outstanding customer. Service”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Ranked #41 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I arrived after traveling for fifteen hours. Claudia at the front desk helped me in ever way. I stay at a lot of holiday inns and this by far was the best because It felt like home, becauses of Claudia. Thank you tom

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Tom H,

It is fantastic to hear that you felt at home and welcomed upon your arrival from our front desk team. We truly appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again very soon!!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn, located at 8105 Two Notch Road, Columbia,SC. The hotel staff was very friendly and very professional. Claudia made sure I was satisfied with my accommodations, and called my room to make sure I was please with everything. I don’t get this kind of treatment when I stay at a 5 star hotel. I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear 866SonyaC866,

We are so pleased to hear you were welcomed and had such a pleasant visit with us while in the area. We truly take pride in making certain all our guests are treated like family.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the rest of our potential guests.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I happened upon this hotel on our way to Florida for the winter. We were to stop later in the evening at another Holiday Inn but were tired and decided to find another Holiday Inn closer. We were very happy to find this one. "Devin", the night clerk checked us in quickly and gave us a clean, smoke free room. The whole building was smoke free. The rate was somewhat reduced at $104 for the night. Parking was well lit and a security guard was watching the parking lot overnight. Check out with "Claudia" was quick, friendy and easy. We will certainly stay here again. Please include breakfast as part of the price the next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Gerry185,

We are so delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us while traveling to Florida. I will be sure to pass on your experience with Devon and Claudia. They strive for excellence, and we are very fortunate to have them on our team.

Please join us next time you pass through Columbia. We do have rates that include breakfast, which will save you money!!

Safe and happy travels,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was the first time that i have stayed at this hotel and Caudia the front desk attendant made my experience great. She was very helpful with my reservation plus she was super friendly. Hotel was very neat and clean and the room was impressive. I will defintly be staying here anytime that I am in town.

Room Tip: Definitely talk to Claudia. She was amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Pagan R,

We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn! I am happy to hear that Claudia went above and beyond to make sure everything in your reservation was in order. Thank you for sharing your comments and look forward to providing you with your hotel accommodations the next time you are in the Columbia area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I come to Columbia twice a month and always know where to stay. The rooms are always clean and the front desk was very helpful in finding my away around the area the first couple of times I came in town. Claudia also pointed me in the direction of a few good spots for dinner in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear William Y,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property. It is nice to be able to have a sense of security when you are traveling from home; I am pleased to know that you keep returning to us because of your satisfaction with our hotel and staff. I will be sure to let Claudia know that she has been a great help to you. She is defiantly a fine asset to our team.

Next time you come, please visit our lounge area for dinner and a few drinks. If not, we are always ready to give you suggestions to restaurants around the city.

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. Thank you for continuing to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 5 weeks while on a military assignement. I had to move rooms a total of three times during this stay. First, I had a spill which wasn't cleaned properly. I was moved into room (#503) and after two weeks of unexplained bite marks I realized that it had bed bugs. Third room was ok; however, it had a leaking sink and no proper plug for the bathtub. There was a gym in the hotel with two treadmills and a couple of other equipment. The treadmills did not work properly the whole time I was there. After several complaints (by many) they were still not working by the time I left the hotel. Lastly, breakfast took too long to be served in the mornings. I would recommend that they offer a buffet style breakfast. Also, whenever possible, offer suites to those occupants that will be staying in the hotel for more than a week.
I must say, however, that ALL of the workers that I encoutered were extremely professional and willing to help. To list a few are Jodi Davis (manager), Dave Richardson (maintanance), Amy and Carol (I believe) at the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vitalia S

Dear Vitalia S,

We appreciate you for sharing with us the dissatisfaction during your recent stay with us. I apologize for all the inconveniences regarding your frequent room moves, the maintenance issues, the treadmill not working properly and the long wait to be serviced in our restaurant.

We have rectified the problem with the bugs in the room you were in; also went above and beyond to have every room inspected to ensure this does not happen again with another guest. We are also working to resolve the problem with the treadmills in our workout facility. I do apologize this was not fixed during your 5 week stay at the hotel. We have also been working diligently to improve the quality of food, service and overall customer satisfaction within our food and beverage department. If in the area again, I hope you will give us the opportunity to give you a more positive retrospect of our hotel and what we are about here at the Holiday Inn.

Our staff goes above and beyond to help guests in every way possible. Thank you for letting us know who stood out. I know they appreciate all the feedback, positive and negative.

Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Columbia North. We look forward to providing you with your accommodations if you are in the Columbia area again in the future.

Warmest Regards,
Amy

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times in the last 90 days. Location and availability have been keys. My rooms have always been clean. The bed has been comfortable, but the pillows are hard, so bring your own if you can. The hotel has always been organized and neat. Abundant parking.

I have another visit booked already, so I would recommend this as an option to friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GamecockFan2012
8105hotelgm, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear GamecockFan2012,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our Holiday Inn and to the IHG Brand. I am very pleased we are located conveniently for your travel needs and our beds and rooms meet your approval. Since you state you have an outstanding reservation, please call us in advance and we can have softer pillows placed in your room for your convenience. Also know that beginning in April of next year, we will be using a whole new brand of pillows that will be more appealing to guests like yourself that prefer the softer feather. In the mean time, just let us know and we can switch them out for you.

We look forward to your arrival again. Make sure you check out our Living Room Lounge during your next stay. Its a great place to sit back and watch the game!

Regards,