“Great location! Comfy room!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Ranked #40 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stay at this location every time I pass through Columbia on Interstate 77. Its a easy off and on. The lounge is comfy and has excellent staff. I love the bed and shower in the Suites. Almost forgot the HD tv! Very nice well kept hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank ppijacki

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Hotel had a very nice romance package for me and my husband- we enjoyed ourselves!! Highly recommend this hotel- food is great and the lounge has a great environment.

We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Overall a good find. Definitely surprised me since it was a Holiday Inn. Stayed in a suite so I can't speak for the rooms. Aside from an issue with one of the fourth floor cleaning ladies, this stay was a good one. Could stay there again as the price was good and the location was perfect in terms of access, restaurants etc.

• Stayed: October 2011
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Tom H,

Thank you for the kind words about Claudia and about our property. We hope you join us again when you are in the area.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know we are doing a good job.

Best Regards,
Amy Thompson

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Just returned from an overnight stay here. Staff was very pleasant and helpful, no problem with arranging a late checkout. We were pleased with our supper there--reasonable price and very good; breakfast buffet was good enough (but I would have preferred to have purchased it at a reduced rate as an add-on to the room rate). Fitness center small but good. Room was clean and welcoming. A/C ran well and quietly, with a wall thermostat. My only two complaints were that the bed was too soft for my comfort; and we were disturbed by the noisy door of the room next to us when those folks were going in and out at 5:15am--but this was the only noise that we ever heard, so overall it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Unfortunately I was required to lodge in the Holiday Inn for a duration of 40 days from July -August 2011. Being that I heard crime was high in the Columbia area, I removed everything from my car that had value, I placed each item in a drawer in my hotel room. I noticed that my $300 GPS was missing. Once I informed management of the situation I was assured that I would be reimbursed for the item before I departed by the end of the week. Needless to say nothing came of the situation and I checked out without my GPS or reimbursment. Beware of this hotel, see if you can find somewhere else to stay if you don't like you items being taken.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This was a full Service hotel, with an excellent "Full Breakfast Buffet. The food was hot when it was supposed to be and the fresh fruit and drinks were cold and thrist quenching. The rooms were the best I've had the pleasure to sleep in for awhile. The hotel was quiet at night, so you could rest., I slept like a baby. The pool was clean and the towels were plentiful. There was a work out room which I utilized which was a plus because I am currently taking Physical Therapy and was away from home so it worked for me. The staff was very accomodateing, informative, friendly and professional. The Hotel is surrounded by every kind of business you can need: cleaners, restaurants, clothing stores, gas stations. To sum it up, you'll love it here,its the best on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this hotel a 10+.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach and booked our room on Priceline for $50. On Travelocity the room was $109. The entire hotel was renovated a couple years ago so the room was nice. However, when we got into our room the trash from the previous guest was still in the bathroom. Not a huge deal but worthy of noting. The kids were excited to go to the pool after a day on the road but it was closed for some reason. I called the front desk and they told me that we could swim at the Winngate Inn across the street which we did.

The location of the hotel was good. Close to both
I-20 and I-77. Texas Roadhouse is across the street. Sesquicentennial State Park is just down the road. We took the family over there and enjoyed the large Pine trees and two playgrounds.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
8105hotelgm, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Dear Benneac,

Thank you for your comments and congratulations on getting a great deal! You are lucky! We are very sorry to hear that you found left over trash in your room. We did address this issue with our colleagues, our entire team is very sorry for this incident. Our pool was briefly closed to lower depth of the pool to make it more family friendly. We also would like to let you know that our pool is now open for guests to enjoy! We would love to have you stay with us again!