“Great building, great space, food is so-so...”

Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The food could be better, though. I've been to several catered events at this convention center, and I haven't been too pleased with the in-house catering here. Otherwise, it is a great place for any kind of reception, trade show, or beer festival (my favorite) that you can imagine. I love the architecture of this building. I do NOT love the food, and I wish they would let outside caterers in.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"acoustics"
"program"

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I recently traveled to Columbia, South Carolina. Our hotel was about 2 blocks from the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. I visited their visitor information center twice and both times the people working there were extremely helpful and polite, offering all sorts of suggestions and information.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have visited this location 2 years in a row. It is one of the nicer convention centers. It is very good for a large conference of 500+ guests. I would assume that it would be good for smaller but I have only attended in a large group setting.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Located in the heart of the Vista. Near restaurants, bars, museum, and more.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This was our third conference at the convention center. It is in a revitalized area of downtown Columbia in easy walking distance to two hotels and several restaurants. The convention center, itself, is very clean, modern, and easy to navigate. Even with 1500+ conference attendees the free conference center wi-fi worked flawlessly.