“Didn't disappoint!”

Ranked #15 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Lexington, Kentucky
“Didn't disappoint!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The place was immaculate! Loved the room- it was very comfortable for the two of us. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great! We always look for a Spring Hill wherever we go and this one exceeded our expectations; it was a great start to our vacation!

• Stayed April 2013
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your enthusiastic review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to know that you had a great experience and enjoyed our SpringHill Suites. Our goal is to deliver an outstanding experience to each guest! Thank you for letting us know that we met our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest Regards,

Holly Penny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Great place...clean, comfortable, great staff. When I checked in early, my room was not yet ready. I said no problem, I could work in the lobby. Next thing I know, the front desk guy is on the two-way radio, asking housekeeping if they'd finished another room. He called me over, handed me a set of keys, a bottle of water and a snack. He called ten minutes later to be sure the room was good - of course, it was!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our SpringHill Suites. I will be sure to commend Jacob on the welcome/arrival experience he gave you. We hope to see you again soon!!

Kindest Regards,

Asheville, NC
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful modern hotel, very cool room with separate toliet and shower, backlit mirror at vanity, and sliding doors to each. Lots of room with our two kids, would be great if you had three kids also. Loved having fridge and microwave. Huge flat screen tv. Awesome desk. Breakfast was good but they need many more staff attending to it or the lobby will become run down quickly as floors, tables, and bar were not being cleaned up and food kept running out. This could easily be fixed, and I am sure it will. Would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi ICLEANTEATH,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property. There are many hotel choices in the downtown area and we are so glad you made the decision to stay with us. I am apologetic that your experience with our breakfast was a negative one. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we want to provide you with best possible experience for this meal. The feedback you have given will be used to evaluate our processes to improve our services. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you again for staying with us and for your valuable feedback.

Warmest Regards,

Charlotte
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for 4 nights in March. As a Platinum member I try my best to stay on Marriott properties as much as possibe. I had stayed at nearby downtown Marriott hotel in the past but this time at the suggestion of a colleague at work and after reading the reviews I decided to stay here and I was not dissapointed. My room was quiet and comfy and spacious enough to feel at ease. It was clean and housekeeping did a good job every day during my stay. Parking is convenient and free.(I hate to have to park at a different building and have to go through 2-3 elevators just to make it from my car to my hotel room as in the case with some of the Marriott hotels). Sure, there is no "concierge floor and freebies" and other amenities such as a restaurant and/or room service but I didn't mind as this hotel had enough value and their services are excellent. (breakfast food is good quality and free. Free wifi throughout the hotel and they even have a small indoor pool and decent gym with tv monitors in every machine). It's also close enough to nearby restaurants so you can eat outside. Their staff is also very courteous and Michelle at their front desk is wonderful and treats guests with respect and efficiency. Kudos to her. Overall, great experience and I plan to stay here again when visiting Columbia in the future.

2 Thank JayMoli
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hi JayMoli,

I am so glad you had a chance to visit our SpringHill Suites during you recent trip to Columbia, SC. It sounds like the room and hotel accommodations were perfect for your travel needs.

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our Guest Care Associate, Michelle. I look forward to sharing your comments with her as well as the entire SpringHill Suites Team.

Thank you for providing great feedback and recommending our hotel. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Wishes,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Very new hotel. Staff was very nice and very helpful.The only downside was that there was a longer walk to restaurants but once there, there are numerous restaurants to choose from. Free breakfast was good. Decent but minimal workout facilities.

• Stayed January 2013
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello Tidetraveler1,

Thank you for your review of our SpringHill Suites. We are thrilled that we were your hotel choice for the Downtown Columbia/Vista area. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Best Regards,

Rome, Georgia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent five nights in this hotel, longer than I usually like to be away from my own bed. It was very nice. We brought our own pillows, but the bed itself was very comfortable. It was great having a thermostat to keep the room at a comfortable temp. Our trip was during a season that changed by the day. We used both AC and heat. It took a while to get the bathroom water to a good temperature, but it did eventually get comfortable.

Decor was fresh and contemporary. The room layout was a little odd. I would have enjoyed two separate rooms, instead of a small amount of separation, but it worked.

We did switch rooms after the first night from the street side to the parking lot side. There was a huge difference in the noise level. Huber Street is a multi-lane highway and it was noisy even on an upper level floor.

The breakfast was free, plentiful, and good.

The staff was courteous and helpful. Housekeeping was friendly and did a good job. They were local residents and not immigrants. Everyone that worked there spoke to us every time you met in the hall. They really were good ambassadors for "Southern Hospitality".

The location was convenient. Parking was free. It was easy to get around. Several restaurants were close by and excellent. A Publix grocery store was in walking distance.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side. These are quieter. There is really no view in any directio...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CollinsRome
Hello Southern_Belle815,

Thank you for the great review of our property. I enjoyed reading your comments, especially where you noted that everyone spoke to you and that we really were good ambassadors for "Southern Hospitality". Our entire SpringHill Suites team takes great pride in providing outstanding guest service and I will be passing these comments on to them as your feedback is very much appreciated. We look forward to your return to the SpringHill Suites, Downtown Columbia/In the Vista.

Kindest Regards,

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nicely decorated in contemporary style. Very clean. Staff were extremely pleasant and attentive. Our A/C had a problem with a loud vibration. We called and someone was there to fix it within 5 minutes. Great location. It is near a lot of great restaurants and downtown activities.