All reviews boutique hotel exposed brick heart of downtown caramel popcorn welcome drink turn down service local artisans makeup remover beer or wine columbia museum of art place to stay large shower chain hotels columbia hotel restaurants and shops highly recommend this hotel college visit
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Beautifully presented art hotel with friendly staff an easy walk to Main Street restaurants. Complimentary beer and wine on arrival in stylish lobby decorated by local designers. Clean spacious rooms and complimentary light breakfast with local bakery items.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel_Trundle, Owner at Hotel Trundle, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Thank you for the thoughtful review. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to tell prospective guests and us what you liked about Trundle! Please come and stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Wow! Just Wow! How is this not the #1 hotel in Columbia. From the moment we arrived we felt special. Greeted by a cheerful receptionist with beer and wine waiting. What could be better! The room, that’s what. An amazing king suite complete with stylish decor and comfortable bedding. Ditch the chain hotels and make your trip special. We’ll be back for sure, even if our daughter doesn’t get into USC. Thanks Trundle!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel_Trundle, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Trundle, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review, DeVeer! Good luck to your daughter and we hope to host you again sometime soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2019

Finally a CLEAN hotel and one that the owners (Rita and Marcus) really care about. I have traveled back and forth to Columbia SC for the last 10 years. I have stayed at almost every hotel in Columbia and have never found one this nice. Unfortunately, I found it in my last couple of weeks there (this round anyway). If I do come back to Columbia, I will be staying here!

The lobby is very inviting. So much so I found myself working on my computer down there while sipping a glass of wine (instead of hiding in my room like I normally do at hotels). Greeting you with a glass of wine of beer at check in is perfect. They have small snacks in the evening and a very light breakfast (although I wish they would add yogurt) and vary the coffee cake (it was the same 2 weeks in a row).

Lighting is great in the bathroom and pretty good in the rooms. Nice white light in the bathrooms so you can actually see that it is very clean and enough light to put make-up on (love the black make-up remover wash cloth)! Staff (front desk (Shay) and valets) are super nice and accommodating!

The rooms and bathroom are a generous size. The bed is comfy. The room is designed like rustic industrial modern with retro appliances and phone (very cool). Some of the rooms were left in a more rustic/industrial state than others which I think gives it a very unique vibe. That fact the the hotel has a vibe is a great compliment!

Room tip: Not facing the hospital (ambulances come in/out all night)
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel_Trundle, Owner at Hotel Trundle, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Wow. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Receiving such a detailed and kind review from someone that is a frequent traveler has made our day! Guests' reviews and recommendations are what help make the Hotel Trundle so great. If you ever find yourself back in Columbia, please do not hesitate to swing by the hotel. We would love to host you again!

Reviewed March 1, 2019

I am glad the chain hotels in the downtown area were full. That caused me to search for other hotels without regard for me chasing points. Drove into downtown and directly to Hotel Trundle with no issue. Easy access to valet and the front door. I arrived at the end of the business day and was greeted with positive attitudes and a glass of wine. Keep in mind that this hotel is an old building that has been rehab'ed. However, you could not tell from the layout or appointments. The facade and the expose designed elements this place were awesome. Very cool updates. The room was great and spacious. I was not long in the room when an afternoon service of water and local candied popcorn was delivered to the room...an incredible snack. The location is near businesses and the university..very walk-able to local dining options. Every interaction with staff was positive...from valet to the reception. Bed was comfortable and the work space in the room was sufficient. I would recommend this hotel to business and personal travelers.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel_Trundle, Owner at Hotel Trundle, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Hey Richard,

We are happy you chose to stay at hotel trundle, and even happier that you had a great stay. Thank you for writing us such a detailed review. We can't wait to host you again.

Thank you!

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for two days while attending a conference. This is a super cool place that is very eclectic and I guess a boutique hotel. Valet parking out front and then enter to complementary food and drink daily. Beautiful front lobby and sitting area as you first enter. My room was on the second floor so I walked down the hall to the back for the elevator. Upon opening my door, I saw a beautifully appointed modern room with a HUGE Samsung tv, complimentary portable phone charger, complementary water, and Keurig coffee maker. Lots of charging stations and outlets, a mini fridge and super comfy beds with turn-down service if you wish. Then I noticed the bathroom.....Wow!!! Simply beautiful with an wonderful large shower.
Now I must also mention that the front desk attendants are super nice and helpful. The only tiny negative is that the breakfast is very limited and they State this very clearly so if you want more than a bagel, muffin, fruit and coffee then you can go across the street to a great sandwich shop.
What a great addition to the Columbia hotel scene right in downtown.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Hotel_Trundle, Owner at Hotel Trundle, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2019

Wow! Thank you for the kind and detailed 5-star review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us precise feedback. Hotel Trundle can't wait to host you again, so please come back soon, S1849DHmichaelf!