“Fine Dining, Italian Style”

Rosso Trattoria Italia
Ranked #120 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Trenholm Plaza
South Carolina
“Fine Dining, Italian Style”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Tucked in the corner of a plaza, this is an excellent dining choice. As the name (Rosso) implies, the interior is done out in red. Very. But this isn't a red-sauce Italian restaurant. The food here is northern Italian style and I don't recall seeing any typical red sauce dishes on the menu. This is definitely a cut above. The bar is an excellent stop for those looking for an after-work refreshment stop with communal tables suitable for socializing. But it is the dining doom, the menu and the food that are outstanding. The menu isn't huge - but that's a good thing because it enables them to excel at what they do. In addition to the menu there are "specials" that are always outstanding. And they use locally grown fresh produce. What to order? Everything is good....... And the wine list matches the fod with a good selection of Italian wines.

• Visited January 2013

“Wine”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Rosso has "wine" tasting parties from time to time with free appetizers which is a good way to sample their menu. Well worth your time to try it out. And they have grilled lobster which is to die for !!!

Visited May 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
“Walter and Nancy”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Best pizza in town, thin crust and fresh. Try the fungi with sausage. Salads, pasta and service are fantastic.

Visited December 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE WORSE SERVER I HAVE EVER HAD!!! MY FEELINGS WERE HURT.”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My date, Tom Alligood, made reservations for 6:30pm last night. I wanted to move to another table and was gladly moved by the host. Our server, MAX, followed us to the round table. He NEVER asked us was there anything else we wanted or was our food alright. He NEVER check on us ONCE!! He treated us like we had a virus and his facial expression were cold and unkind. He did NOT re-fill our water in our glasses. Thank God for BRIAN! He took it upon himself to stop and ask us were we enjoying our dinner and pour the water to fill our glasses. MAX continued to walk by like we were ghost all through our dinner the entire night. He did NOT even take our dirty plates from the table. BRIAN DID!! I thanked BRIAN for being so kind and he said I should have asked for him. I didn't know that when someone spends $73.58, that you have to ask for a server to do their job. I even asked MAX what would he recommend and he hardly even answered my question. You can reach Tom Alligood at 803.404.9349. I believes he deserves his money back ,or a complimentary dinner for two, and most of all, an APOLOGY!!!!! Maybe if you had better servers like BRIAN and, less or no,
servers like MAX, you were be higher than number 45.
PS: Check with BRIAN....He will verify me thanking him for being nice and for pour the water and for removing the dirty dishes from the side of our table. MAX DID NOTHING BUT HURT MY FEELINGS.....FIRE HIM!!!!
Regards,
Tom's date

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Abbie B
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

A terrific little out of the way restaurant I've enjoyed many times. Don't miss ordering the "house salad" ... neat blend of flavors and textures! Latest time ordered the alfreado pasta that is supposed to come with chicken but for a small upcharge I asked ot substitute scallops >>> excellent choice as they were grilled. Even the house wines are good. Service excellent! Can be a little too noisy if you're going to have much conversation!

• Visited October 2012