“Felt like Florence”

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Trenholm Plaza
Description: Recently voted best "Italian Restaurant" in Columbia area, Rosso is an elegantly casual Italian Trattoria, located in the beautiful Trenholm Plaza in Forest Acres, Just a 5 minute drive from downtown Columbia. The menu features a wood-fired oven in making their thin crust pizza's,as well as wood-fired grilled C.A.B. steaks and seafood. The wine list features many wines from Italy, America, France and other parts of the world. The bar area has 2 communal tables, which is a great place to gather with friends or meet new ones. Our award winning Happy Hour is Monday thru Friday at the bar and communal's. Rosso uses local farmers when ever possible. All of of menu items are prepared to order to ensure the highest quality. Owner, Richard Couture, brings over 30 years restaurant experience to Rosso, working at some of the finest hotels and restaurants, from opening the award winning "The American Club" in Kohler, WI. to some of New York City's, Beverly Hills and Naples finest.
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Unexpected find. Great service from Danny, our waiter. The pizza reminded us of our pizza in Florence Italy. We will come back.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

If u want good pizza and it's a reasonable price.... Eat here! The prosciutto pizza is sooo good!!!!!!!! We also did wine trials wednesday ! The wines were all very yummy!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Rosso is my favorite restaurant in Columbia for a couple of reasons:

-Atmosphere

I love going to Las Vegas and this is the only place that resembles something from the Bellagio or the Wynn.
Everything from the booths, to the color scheme and really modern design let's you know you're dining someplace special.

-Service

Also, as you would expect in Vegas the service at Rosso is always spot on. The staff is great and many have been there a long time
as I've seen them on repeat visits.

-The food!

My two favorite menu items are the Antipasta and the Steak Frites.

This is the ONLY place that gets Antipasta right. Instead of an assortment of cheese sticks, it's a plate full of imported olives, Italian meats,
gourmet cheeses and vegetables. I don't know why it's so hard to find in Columbia, but Rosso definitely does it right.

I've had Steak Frites at a lot of restaurants in Columbia, but Rosso always nails it. The steak is always perfect and the frites are always
properly seasons and hot. A must have for meat lovers!

If you haven't checked out Rosso yet, do yourself and see how high the bar for dining in Columbia has been raised.

Marty Fort
Director
Columbia Arts Academy

Reviewed August 25, 2012

When the martini is just right, it's a good sign (i.e., icy, yet strong and the twist is a strip of rind zest, only). The appetizers are really first-rate and I prefer to make a meal of two of them with a salad or soup in between. Recommended special wine by the glass was high quality and paired well. Desert was excellent. The waiter could not have been better. It's true that noise can be a bit of an issue - it's a popular place. One of my favorite 'special' restaurants in Columbia.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was our first visit to Rosso Trattoria, but I can't say I came away impressed. Although my wife's Lobster Ravioli was good, the Salad of the Day with crab wasn't tasty and the Fish Special was more skin than fish. I agree with Yankeeinexile that Garabaldi's is the better choice - consistently providing the highest quality seafood. The menu was rather limited when it comes to non-pasta dishes, but I have a strong feeling I would have been much happier if I had gone with my instinctive choice of chicken parm and a ceaser salad, rather than opting for the waitresses suggestions. Even so the wait staff was perhaps the best feature, being very attentive and friendly. I intend to give Rosso's a second chance, as I've heard nice things. So don't let my review dissuade you, but perhaps take a careful look at what is coming out of the kitchen before ordering.