“Excellent”
Review of Solstice Kitchen

Solstice Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Solstice Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 983 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Clemson Road
Description: Our cuisine can be labeled many things, but it is most definitely seasonal. Our service is professional, yet far from stuffy. Our décor is modern, yet simple, and our wine list is extensive. Perhaps most important of all, everyone from our servers and bartenders, to our chefs and management, are among the most dedicated service industry professionals in our community.
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Superb all around -- service was top notch, description of wine chosen was spot-on. Steaks were perfectly cooked and very tasty, as were all sides. Ambiance was dark but warm & inviting, a classy, happy escape from the mundane that seems to prevail in the city of Columbia. Would highly recommend coming here, even if just for drinks & live music on the patio. Excellent all around!

• Visited October 2012

“Interesting”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I decided to try this place to step out of the box. Had the scallops which were pretty good. I would try it again. But word to the wise: take a foid dictionary if you arent use to foid termnology. Lol

Columbia SC
“One of my favorite Columbia restaurants.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a very good restaurant and is very well run. It is casual fine dining so no need to get over dressed. The food was very good, the ambience a little dark. The dining area is fairly small so the noise level is a little high but not high enough to stay away from this gem. We started with the fried green tomatoes and they were outstanding. I had duck and it was prepared exactly as I requested ( a feat some restaurants just don't get) and it was delicious. The service was a tad slow but it was a busy night even though it was a stormy evening. I suggest you make a reservation to avoid a wait for a table.

Wichita
“Excellent food...just what I was looking for.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I'd been at Ft Jackson for 2 days for a relatives graduation from boot camp. We have been eating a chains and base fast food and I was ready for some quality food.

I found it on Trip Advisor. Solstice Kitchen is in a upscale strip center and well appointed.

We started with fried green tomatoes and they were very light not greasy with a pemento type spread and cheese on top.

Home made anchovie dressing topped my Caesar salad. The best I've ever had...probably because it's made fresh there.

My entree was the fish special, Grilled Mahi Mahi, a little salty and pepper topping along with a lemon cream sauce and cheesy grits .

Check out the desserts too. We got me of each. They change daily.

Key West, Florida
“Very Good Food and Service”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Let me start by saying: Because of the tripAdvisor rating I've been trying to get to this restaurant for about 2 years when visiting Columbia but because of various reasons was unable to....until now! We went on a whim/last minute decision on a Saturday night @ 7:30pm with no reservations, the hostess was very accomadating and we had about a 20 minute wait. We started with the Romane wedge salad ($7.00) Calamari App ($11.00) Foie Gras ($17.00) and Smoked guda Mac-n-Cheez ($6.00) for appitizers, pretty basic stuff and presentations were simple. I absolutly love Foie Gras and this Foie gras itself was very good, but the portion could have been a little larger, the toast points on the foie Gras were stale and as usual it was served with a sweet fruit gastrique. The Calamari was crispy and delicous, the Mac-n-Cheez seems to get alot of mentions in TA so we had to order that, it was pretty good but not great, I've had better. It came to the table warm (not hot and bubbling) it was a simple mixture of penne pasta,crumbled bacon, maybe pancceta and melted smoked Guda cheese. for entrees we had: Duck ($19.00) Filet Mingnon (26.00) and the Scallop entree of the day ($23.00) All of the entrees were well presented and tasted very good. i thought the filet Mingnon was too small for the price, it looked like a 6oz. portion for that price it should be about a 10oz portion it was topped with truffle scented onions/leaks that were a little taste offsetting to the rest of the items on the plate (only my opinion) We finished with the Chocolate Truffle and Peach Springroll for dessert, they were excellent!,The fresh peaches should have thanked the chef for using them in the fashion he did. with drinks, for 4 people our bill was $168.57, wich is very good for that kind of food. Our server Katie B was pretty attentive, she was very nice polite and helpful when ordering. She could have managed the table a little better , some of the used utinsils, plates,glasses stayed on the table too long. The anbiance was a little dark and boring.We did not have wine but they have an extensive appropriately priced wine list. overall a good place to eat I do recommend Solstice Kitchen

• Visited August 2012