“We will be back!”

TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson
Ranked #15 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have ALWAYS stayed at Marriott brand Hotels but this was our first at a TownePlace Suites. The location was easy access off the interstate after a long drive in holiday traffic. The staff was profession, quick and friendly. I had booked the wrong type of room and when we called back down to the front desk we were quickly placed in the room to meet our families needs. We then decided to stay an extra night and again recieved excellent service. We will be staying at this property again in the future. After long days out it was nice to return to comfortable clean spacious room. Breakfast was a great value with a wonderful selection . I highly recommend this property! wonderful job TownePlace!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RodgersFamilia
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear RodgersFamilia,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott- Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your kind words and hope you will visit with us again very soon!

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hello, if you are ever in the Columbia SE/Fort Jackson area and need somewhere to rest your mind, soul, and body please consider staying at this location. The management and staff at this location helps to ensure your stay is peaceful. The hotel is very clean, peaceful and is located in a great area. If for any reason after checking in your room if there is an issue with the room the staff at this location will ensure the issue is corrected right away. I love this hotel and would recommend it to any person visiting the columbia area.

Room Tip: I have stayed on all floors therefore any level of this hotel is great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear jweston50,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible and we enjoy helping out with recommendations for food choices or places to visit. We hope you will come see us again very soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the superb quality of the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Columbia SC near Fort Jackson. The facility is new, clean, fashionable, quiet and has all of the needed accommodations for an extended stay or a treat for a night. I would recommend this facility w/o any hesitation. By the way, the location is also convenient to major interstates.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Julia N,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. While our hotel is over four years old now, our staff members work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. I'm glad you felt comfortable with us and hope you will visit with us again very soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was another trip to Columbia and another Stay at the TownPlace Suites. We were not disappointed. It is still well appointed, quiet and clean. the staff goes out of it's way to be helpful.
Breakfast is good and not overdone, just right for our needs. It is easy to find and a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Jim W,
Thank you for taking the time to write another wonderful review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. We are always glad to hear from happy repeat guests. Please come visit with us again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a nice hotel right off of the highway. At first I thought it would be kind of noisy but it was surprisingly quiet. The staff was very friendly and the bed was very comfortable. When I am in the area again, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear RollingAlong2011,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Each member of our staff works hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. I'm glad you found your room to be quiet and comfortable and I hope you will visit with us again very soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 46 days. This place is really close to Fort Jackson. Makes an extended stay feel like you are close to home. Rooms have comfortable and the full equipped kitchen made my stay so much easier. The service in this hotel is exceptional, thanks to all the team, Justin, Nick at the front desk, these guys are the best ( thank you for all the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies every single day after gym time ) and Jeanine, thank you for being there in the mornings always great to hear you recommendations on what to do around Columbia. These rest of the team was great as well and always caring if I needed something. If you are looking for a place to stay while in training at Fort Jackson or Basic training graduation this is the place to go. I will definitely be staying in this hotel when I come back, not only for the great facilities but specially for the team and their great service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear JEISY,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. As you noted, every member of the staff works hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. Thank you for mentioning specific team members that provided exceptional service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Columbia.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 days to celebrate my stepson's graduation from Basic Training. Got an excellent rate, early check in, and late check out. Justin was fantastic! He moved us to a two-queen and sofa bed suite because he felt we would be more comfortable (traveling with our two teens) and really tended to us as first time visitors to Fort Jackskon. The night employee (I forgot jr name) was also great--I brought down 3 trash bags and asked her to point me to the trash bin--she refused to have me carry them and took them all herself! The amenities were fantastic! Nice pool, rocking chairs, picnic table and half court basketball too! A nearly breakfast is included--waffle making station, hard boiled eggs, and all the bagels, Danishes, cereal, yogurt, juice, and breakfast sandwhiches you can eat! :). Since our soldier hadn't had a home cooked meal in 11 weeks, we went down the street to the SuperWalmart and bought everything I needed to make him a hearty stew, rice, black beans etc--all cooked on the electric flat top range in the suite. PERFECT!! Will definitely stay at Towneplace Suites from now on!

• Stayed: September 2013
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear rvc,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. I appreciate your kind words of praise and will be sure to pass your comments along to the appropriate supervisors and staff members. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit with us again on your next trip to Columbia.