“The professional Hotel Staff make the stay more enjoyable than the many amenities.”

TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am impressed with the outstanding dress, appearence, professional 5 star service of the hotel staff. The front desk personel are the best that I have seen anywhere in the world. Very professional. . . . .

• Stayed: June 2013
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear JerryD_2011,
Thank you for your kind words about the staff at TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. We work hard to ensure that each staff member delivers high-quality professional service to all our guests. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again very soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. The kids loved the pool and the bball court. Breakfast was great! The desk clerks were EXTREMELY helpful with last minute reservation changes. I will definitely stay at this chain in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank elitediva
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear elitediva,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Each member of our staff works hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just got back from a short trip to Columbia, SC over the weekend. We chose to stay at the Towneplace Suites because they offer a military rate and they are pet friendly ($35 dollar one-time fee). We were placed on the second floor beneath the staircase and neighboring other rooms with pets, as well. It was not a very quiet stay to say the least. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. Our room included a kitchenette. The beds were comfortable and electrical outlets were conveniently located beneath the wall lamps on each side of the bed. This is a little detail I've come to appreciate in the newer and updated hotels.

Our two dogs don't bark with the exception of when someone knocks on the door. I stepped out to have lunch with husband on Saturday at 1pm and received a phone call 45 minutes later that a couple of people had complained about our dogs barking. What I'd like to know is, unless the front desk clerk went door to door of each of the rooms that had dogs (I know there were at least three, because I saw different people with different dogs), how would he know it was our dogs barking? We promptly returned to the hotel and I spent the rest of the weekend in the room with our dogs. During that time, I heard a baby crying above, not to mention people climbing up and down the stairs, and other dogs barking, as well. I decided I wouldn't call and complain like someone else did. I attempted to get some work done on the internet instead, which was very slow. Forget getting anything turned in on a deadline between the hours of 4 and 11pm.

The following day during our check-out, there was no hot water for tea in the lobby. A nice young man behind the front desk went and made some for us, which was greatly appreciated.

I think overall our stay was okay. I'm not sure whether or not we will return. I want to check out other options in the area since we will be coming down at least one weekend per month. We stayed with our dog at the Drury Inn and Suites on multiple occasions and left our dog for four hours, and never heard one complaint.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank greenidlady
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear greenidlady,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. The staff members of our hotel work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. It was not our intent to make you feel uncomfortable about your dogs barking. When we receive a complaint about barking dogs, we do walk the hallways and call each room that has a barking dog to inform the pet owners of the complaint. Please rest assured that we were not intentionally singling you out. It is important that we respond to all guest complaints in a timely manner in an effort to correct any issues brought to our attention. As I stated earlier, we want each guest to experience the best stay possible and that can be quite a task when people of various backroungs - likes and dislikes - all stay in one hotel together. With regard to our internet service, I'm happy to report that we are in the process of switching to a new service provider to increase our internet capabilities for our guests. This should be completed soon and we expect great things from this new provider. Again, thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I hope you will visit with us again upon your next visit to Columbia.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I read the reviews and sometimes I think people just need to have something to complain about. We paid the military rate ($85) for a two bed queen room with kitchen - not kitchenette there is a cook top, fully stocked with dishes/pots/pans, toaster, full size coffee pot, full size microwave, dishwasher & small full size refrigerator. Light breakfast is also included.

Easy access to I-77 and Fort Jackson. Close to shopping and restaurants. There is a map on the wall in the lobby with points of interested posted on it.

For the price you can't beat the accommodations. The rooms are large and the bathroom is a decent size. It isn't all brand spanking new but very liveable and clean. Nice pool and courtyard area.

I didn't smell any odors or hear a bunch of noise on the steps - but we aren't here on a weekend.

Staff is beyond friendly and helpful. The gal at the desk is from this area of town so she can help you find just about anything you are looking for.

So far I can't come up with anything worth complaining about. We usually stay at La Quinta because they offer excellent rates but after two nights there I decided to try out something different and I am not disappointed. My only complaint If I had to come up with one is I didn't stay here the other two nights.

Room Tip: If you have kids old enough to go to the pool by themselves as for a room that overlooks the pool/po...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Anderson0111

Dear Anderson0111,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Our staff members work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. We are glad that you decided to give us a try. TownePlace Suites by Marriott is designed for guests that stay for longer terms or that want to be able to cook in their rooms. We provide accomodations that are designed to be like a small apartment so that our guests can feel at home while on the road. It is always our pleasure to see guests that have never stayed in our brand get excited about our amenities and design. Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. We hope you will visit with us again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were spacious and clean, and the breakfast was a step above! I also really enjoyed the exercise room, which included TVs on the treadmills and free weights. It was also easy to enjoy the nice weather sitting beside the fire pit out back! All in all, a great hotel that I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Hoteldweller79
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Hoteldweller79,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Having our guests experience the best stay possible is our goal. From your comments I believe you did! We hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Columbia.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my second stay with the hotel, both times for military graduation. We were greeted with a smile and welcomed back as if we were family. The hotel is getting older, but you can tell they work really hard to keep it up. We very much enjoyed the larger two bedroom suite, it was perfect for the family and even better when we found out we could bring our graduate home with us! I appreciated the fact that the staff went above and beyond for us, even when we had lots of requests. We will definitely return again if we ever make it back to Columbia!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ntracey411

Dear ntracey411,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. All our staff members work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. It is our hope that if your travels lead you back to Columbia in the future you will stay with us again. We love repeat guests!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a clean, safe and pet friendly place to stay in Columbia, SC and we have found it. The TownPlace Suites fits the bill perfectly. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel is clean and has plenty of natural areas to walk your dog. The rooms are very nice, comfortable. well appointed and clean. The price was also right. So if you come to Columbia with your pet or without him trying staying here. I think you will like it!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim W
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Jim W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Our staff works hard to ensure that every guest, including our furry friends, experiences the best stay possible. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will be coming back again soon.