“Unexpected bereavement stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Clinton, Maryland
“Unexpected bereavement stay!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at this location for approximately 3 nights to attend my mother in laws funeral on October 1, 2012. Note that the staff was very accommodating and offered me a good rate for a party attending a funeral. The rooms were designed for persons that plan to stay for an extended period. They were nicely decorated but they need to change the dingy furniture in the living room areas and clean the rooms extensively daily. I attempted to put my son on the sleep sofa in the living room and when I pulled it out I found dirty underwear, socks and trash. I was totally shocked because this hotel came highly recommended by other travelers. I informed the front desk staff and was given another room but I asked to review the room before taking it. The next room had blood on the sleep sofa mattress or a stain that appeared to be blood. I was upgraded to a two bedroom suite because I refused to let my son sleep on the dingy dirty sofa beds. I think that cleaning at this hotel is a problem because they will only clean the rooms in detail if you stay 5 days or more. Otherwise they just change the towels and make up beds and wash dishes in the sink. Also this is is a fairly new hotel that built in 2009 but they have to replace furniture when things become tattered.

Room Tip: Check the ooms before to settle in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Kelly M,
Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Indeed, we are designed for extended-stay guests who want to have more options in their accomodations, but have many one-night stay guests, as well. Our hotel provides full-clean service once per week on extended stay rooms and we refresh each and every room every day for those extended-stay guests. We provide fresh towels, make the beds and do light cleaning during this refresh service. Each room receives a full clean upon guest checkout. Please rest assured that the housekeeping concerns you mentioned have been addressed with supervisors and employees and steps have been taken to ensure no other guests experience those same issues. We take pride in providing the best possible service to our guests and are glad we could assist you during your recent loss. Again, thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable, andt he TV was very nice. However, the channel selection was very limited. After a restful night's sleep, the hot breakfast was also very good. I would certainly stay here again, if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear FSB47,
Thank you for your kind words! At TownePlace Suites, we work hard to ensure our guests have the best possible experience and we're glad you chose to stay with us! We have recently switched to HD programming for our TVs and TimeWarner is working to expand our channel selection. We are hopeful that we will see additions to TWC's channel line up soon. Again, thanks for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this well located hotel for a week when my son moved to the Columbia area for employment. There was a small but nice kitchen in the room, laundry facilities, a fitness room and nice pool and terrace area on the property.
The Sales Director and front desk staff were exceptional. A complimentary hot breakfast was offered and the woman in charge of the breakfast was very knowledgeable about the Columbia area. I have rarely received such great service at a hotel. I look forward to staying here again when I come to visit my son.
Thanks to all of the staff for such a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear LisaVirginia, Thank you for your kind words. The staff of TownePlace Suites works hard to ensure all our guests feel right at home while staying with us. We take great pride in helping you to have a great stay and we are happy you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites as your home away from home right here in Columbia! We hope to see you again soon!
Tybee Island
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We just stayed here for two nights and had a great time. The front desk staff was wonderful - extremely helpful and friendly. Very clean and quiet. We enjoyed the pool and the outdoor patio in the back. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Lisa G,
Thank you for your kind comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at TownePlace Suites Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. We work hard to ensure our guests have the best experience possible at our hotel and hope you will return to stay with us again very soon. Whether for one night or a month or more, our hotel is designed to make you feel right at home the Marriott way.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The staff at this Marriott were very accomodating. From the moment you entered
the door, they had a smile and wanted to help with any needs or questions. I would
stay here again! I had my tiny dog with me and she was welcome at this hotel. A rare
find.

Room Tip: I had my tiny dog with me and she was welcome.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Jeanne C,
Thank you for your kind words! The staff and I take great pride in delivering true Souther Hospitality to our guests. We want our guests to feel right at home. Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites, Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. We look forward to your return soon!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I booked a military group here for a weekend stay and everything went wonderfully. I even use a government travel card and there weren't any issues with that either. Sometimes it's hard with taxes vs no taxes, but they handled everything professionally and had me booked way in advance.Thanks for making it easy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear iammusicsam,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. My staff and I, at TownePlace Suites Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, are very proud to serve the lodging needs of those who protect and defend our country. We appreciate your service and appreciate your loyalty to our brand. Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites. We hope you will stay with us again upon your return to Columbia. We invite all your military families to come see what TownePlace Suites has to offer for short-term and extended-stay lodging.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel staff was #1, especially where to get dinner that was with easy distance of the hotel. The beds comfortable, the room well appointed as well as the bathroom. Breakfast was good, with some different choices. Location is off the main road, but still convenient to the interstate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear HannahRattigan,
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words. Here at TownePlace Suites we take pride in providing a great product and great service to all our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please be sure to stop in again on your next trip through Columbia.