“Home away from home”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Home away from home”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I come to Columbia to visit my daughter at USC and always try to book at this location first because I feel very safe here. The staff gets to know you and they are friendly and very professional. The building still holds a new look to it and the room has everything I need. It is off Rt. 77 which is perfect for me and close to some larger store shopping stores such as Target and Walmart. To stay here you need a car since it is located approximately 10 minutes from downtown Columbia and in a busy commercial area but parking is free as opposed to hotels downtown. Driving is also required to go out to dinner since there are no good restaurants in the area. However, you can't beat the price for all that it offers.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so much for the great compliment to our Staff and the TownePlace Suites.

"Home away from Home" is a true statement that our entire Staff makes each guests feel upon arrival at our hotel. Selecting our hotel again only shows that our Staff met your needs while you were in Columbia to visit your daughter. Our number one pride is maintaining the overall cleaniness and safety during your stay. We thank you for assuring our staff that we met all of your needs.

Again, thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your accommodations and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Go Gamecocks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Great value- I have stayed all over Columbia, This is the best.GREAT VALUE, VERY CLEAN, Very friendly staff, Great breakfast HOT. Cool atmosphere, Close off highway but no noise, POOL IS KEPT CLEAN, GREAT WORK OUT ROOM.

Room Tip: All Rooms are great unique place to stay for work or family.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you for sharing with my staff and myself that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. Our staff each day makes our guests number one while they are staying with us. From our great breakfast to helping our guests with directions to our Military Base or to a great restaurant, we strive to make your stay at our hotel the best.

If you or your family are in the Columbia area again, please give us an opportunity to make your hotel reservations with us.

Have a great day and thank you again for choosing the TPS in Columbia!
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed here for one night with husband and teenage son. Chose this because of the separate living area with sleep sofa. Spotlessly clean, roomy and worked well for us. The sleep sofa was very small, a twin, I guess. Full kitchen which we didn't need, but if you're a business traveler staying for awhile, it would be great. I have to say that although the furnishings were new and everything was clean, it was one of the ugliest rooms I've ever stayed in. Felt like I was living in a circus tent or something. Just not my taste, but for one night, it was fine.
Nice complimentary breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for sharing with us that we met your expectations during your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Columbia.
Spotless is where we stand out above all other hotels. During your stay.we strive to make cleaniness our top priority for our guests. Our colorful rooms are designed to brighten up yourday at our hotel.
Again, the staff and I appreciate you choosing our hotel for your accommodations while you were in Columbia and if you or your family are in our area again, please allow us to provide your hotel accommodations.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I would like anyone that is going to stay in Columbia S,C to know this TownePlace Suites off E Exchange Blvd is wonderful. I travel for a living and would not stay anywhere else. I also bring my family. The kids love the pool and basketball court. Breakfast is great with many choices. Very "clean" modern hotel. Upscale for the average price......I have set many stays with Mary who is so pleasent and accomidating.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you so much for the great compliment. We strive to make each guest important during their stay and our friendly and acknowledegable staff makes a difference in our beautiful hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon at the TownePlace Suites!

Have a Great Day!
West Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Went for nephew's graduation from boot camp. The hotel was spotless, the staff was very friendly and helpful with ideas of things to do and directions to get everywhere. The pool was delightful and breakfast very good. The coffee was some of the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend it and will stay there whenever I am in the area again. I am very picky about where I stay but this truly was one of the best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
towneplaceCAESE, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites for your hotel accommodations. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and that our staff was able to help you find places to visit while you and your family were in town. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future with your hotel accommodations.
Congratulations to your nephew on his graduation from Fort Jackson!
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed here on our way back from Florida to Canada. What a beautiful, modern hotel, with VERY friendly staff. They had the cribs for my babies, and extra pillows set up when we arrived. Check in was fast. They allowed me to take the breakfast to the room for the little ones, and even helped get me a tray. Room was so clean, and really great kitchen complete with a fridge & dishwasher. Right of the 1-79...perfect for people travelling back from Florida. They even have a place to do your own laundry! Loved it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DinglesAZ
TPSFortJackson, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful compliment that you gave our hotel. When our guests arrive we truly strive to make their stay a wonderful experience and as you stated Beautiful Lovely hotel is what we offer to our guests during their stay.
Again, thank you and we hope that if you are in the Columbia area again, you will choose the TownePlace by Marriott!
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stay here about 50 nights a year. I am so loyal because everyone here remembers me, calls me by name, and goes out of the way to make me feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2011
TPSFortJackson, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments, we are very pleased to have such loyal guests as yourself. We strive to make our hotel your 'home away from home' and understand that our extended stay guests don't just stay with us, they 'live' with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Columbia.