“Nice place”

Comfort Suites Columbia
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel from TripAdvisor.com while on the highway looking for a place to stay. The hotel is clean and staff was friendly...though not willing to go the extra mile for its guests. One thing that I didn't like is that the outdoor smoking area is about 12 feet from the main entrance and we often walked through smoke to get into the hotel. Its also not appealing to pull up to the main entrance of a hotel to see people and employees standing around smoking, not a great first impression. Our room was nice, we got a king suite for $109 plus tax. The bathroom had spots in the walls that bad been patched but not painted over and there were finger prints all over the TV and headboard. Breakfast was OK, nothing exciting. The pool was small but looked clean. The one thing that bothered my husband the most was while I was checking out he carried all our bags out to the car, he had about five bags, he passed three employees leaving the smoking area. They all said good morning but none offered to help him. In the hospitality industry its the little things that make a difference.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Rooms were clean and quiet. Heated indoor CLEAN pool. Very nice breakfast, very good staff. I highly recommend this hotel. It's quiet inside, and close with easy access to popular eating spots.
If I ever come back to this town I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Get one close to a door on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

The name says it all! We had a most enjoyable overnight stay on our way to Florida. The bed and pillows were extremely comfy and the hotel was very lovely. Complimentary continental breakfast in the morning was just perfect! Will definitely stay here again on our next trip to The South!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter And her new baby for 4 nights. Check in easy and professional and welcoming. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Property location convenient to find and many assorted restaurants in area. Will definitely stay again when in area

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed a weekday night at the end of April; we figured it would be quiet. We had reservations for a king suite; when checking in, there were a fair number of cars in the parking lot but we didn't think much of it. As we needed to fly out the next day, we took everything out of the car and used the luggage cart/elevator to get to the second floor.

We headed to downtown Columbia for dinner and got back around 9:00 pm - the parking lot was full and the lobby chaotic with people. Huh? A Wednesday in April? Luckily, the hotel remained pretty quiet. The doors did slam shut, but most people were mindful of this and eased them shut quietly. There were people above us walking around, but I suspect they went to bed shortly before us because it wasn't that much of an issue.

The next morning, breakfast started at 7 and I went down at 6:30 to print our boarding passes. Much of breakfast was out and people were getting started, so we did too. I am glad we did, for it got busy quick and they had trouble keeping up. Looking around, it took us a while - but we figured it out...graduation at the military base. We were there on a unique type of night.

The room was clean; the linens and towels good. However, the shower had significant amounts of mold and the shelf was gone. Besides that - the shower was actually wonderful will great pressure and warmth (maybe that caused the mold...people taking long hot showers!). There was a fan in the bathroom and it was nice (other than the moldy shower).

We did not use the swimming pool - it was small and there was a family of five using it.

Knowing we were there on a unique day, I would probably stay again for a night. It was the right price for the area.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Location was excellent as we were traveling north on I 20 and changing to I 77 in Columbia. Hotel sits on shortcut road between the two interstates. Room was clean, well-appointed and comfortable. Bed was comfortable and came with a selection of pillows helpfully separated into soft and firm placements. Bath was extra large for a hotel although the tub/shower was quite dark. With the door open and the shower curtain pulled back there was enough light to see but with the curtain pulled it was a bit like showering by candlelight. Otherwise, exactly no complaints on room. Breakfast was typical free hotel fare with the addition of a warmer with scrambled egg cakes and ham slices. Not bad. We used our AAA fare to get the price under $90.00. I would recommend for any traveler.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is in a good location just off I77 between I77 and I20. Located near several restaurants which one of a IHOP you can walk to. Hotel has very clean rooms as well as an excercise room and a indoor pool.