“Would give it another try”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia Northeast
Ranked #26 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
NB
“Would give it another try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Booked this hotel over the internet with specifications. When we arrived we were given a room with no fridge - which was a requirement. It took three more tries before we found a room suitable for us - ie with fridge, not next to the air conditioning/heating equipment, etc. Staff was very accommodating and saw to it that we were satisfied. Clean and comfortable. Decent breakfast. Reasonable rate = good value. If we were in the area again I would call the hotel directly when booking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Nice hotel, clean, comfortable beds and bedding. Downside would be lots of road noise from the nearby expressway. AC was noisy when compresser turns on and did not allow constant fan to drown out the road noise.
Breakfast was well presented, but nothing exceptional.
Clean shower and good water pressure. Easy in-room WIFI.
I had a coupon to reduce the price of the room, otherwise it would have been pricey.
Warm cookies were wonderful in the evening.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

Room 400 had a walk-in shower which I loved. There was no mini-fridge but the front desk staff were happy to store out items. Fresh baked cookies and complimentary internet were a nice touch. We got an exceptional rate from the South Carolina visitors centre.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

Only stayed one night on our way to Florida. Hotel exceeded our expectations. Very clean and modern hotel. Desk staff were extremely friendly. My only regret is that we were not staying longer. A week later I discovered that I was charged twice for my room. The mistake was corrected with a simple phone call. The staff member actually called me back later to advise that the refund was completed.
Reasonable price for an excellent hotel

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

Stayed here for sons BCT graduation at Fort Jackson. This looks to be a newer hotel conveniently located just off I-77. There are plenty of chain restaurants nearby.
The room we had was extremely clean and believe me I looked it over closely, I'm always on the lookout for bedbugs. They have five pillows on each bed which I loved. My wife and I almost always need at least two pillows each and I usually have to get extras from the front desk, but not this time. Bathroom was a nice size. I did on occasion hear some noise from other rooms but nothing that caused us any real problems or to loose any sleep.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We took a day trip to Charleston and asked a young lady at the desk about restaurants there. While she wasn't sure she had another employee come up to the front desk who use to live there and he wrote down the names of several for us to try.
The breakfast they offer is mostly standard stuff; bagels, hot and cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, etc. They do have make your own waffles which were good and they have some microwave sandwiches that are just so so. Overall the breakfast offers enough to fill you up.
The guest directory in the room mentions that if you forget an items such as a toothbrush, razor or toothpaste you can get these from the front desk at no charge. We didn't need any of this but it was available.
There is an outdoor pool which I think would be OK for small kids. It isn't a real large pool and I don't think it is very deep. A pool wasn't anything we planned on using so I didn't check it out closely.
If I'm ever in Columbia again I will certainly stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

We were fortunate to get a room (#424) using the hotel coupon book available at the South Carolina tourist information office. This was our first stay at the "new" Fairfield Inn & Suites and it became our favourite chain. Everything was bright, beautiful decor, even a "hood" over the A/C unit which prevented the curtains from billowing. Don't know why other chains haven't figured this out! The location was great; close to restaurants and shopping. Complimentary internet and a very nice breakfast included. The only negatives are the tiny towels; certainly not "bath" towels, and the road noise but guess that goes with the easy access to I77. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern Cambria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

I have frequented many different hotels but this was our first time at this establishment and we will definitely stay at a Fairfield again. The hotel was very up to date, clean and a fair price and triple A rated. The employees were fine examples being courteous, extremely friendly and helpful. Our granddaughter graduated from Army boot camp at Fort Jackson and that was ony two exits away. Excellent morning breakfast and great coffee. Would definitely return if in that area again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple