All reviews wxyz bar bliss products front desk welcoming hotel hotel bar lady street city market within walking distance vista area valet parking is wedding weekend self park valet service highly recommend this property lounge area per day great customer service
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

On checkin staff were friendly and helpful with knowledge of the local area. This is the first Aloft hotel Ihave stayed in and was impressed. Everything is new, clean and in working order. Think our room, which was very large, was disabled friendly but had everything needed. 1 block from the main road and 2-3 blocks from Capitol Building and Main Street area. There are dozens of restaurants within walking distance. Thoroughly recommend the place

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AloftSales, Director of Sales at Aloft Columbia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for choosing Aloft Columbia Downtown and for your kind words. We hope to be your hosts again in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2019

I always stay at Marriott properties and since Marriott now owns Aloft I thought I would give it a try. Hotel location is great lots to walk around and do and eat right around hotel. Service was very good, rooms minimalistic but perfect for a quick business trip. would stay again.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thanks very much for choosing Aloft Columbia Downtown and we hope to be your hosts again in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

When we travel, we ALWAYS stay at a Marriott property, but this one is definitely off our list. My husband has been a Marriott rewards patron for almost 40 years, and only prefers to stay at a Marriott hotel. He has redeemed his points for free vacation stays many times over the years. This visit may very well be his last as this is the worst customer service experience we have ever received. We made our reservation to see my daughter at USC for her birthday and the front office manager, Tyler, embarrassed us in front of my child and the entire bar clientele with his condescending treatment to us upon our arrival due a credit card issue that was quickly resolved. He treated us as if we didn't belong there and told us he "would be happy to cancel our reservation if we would like to stay some where else." If I could give this place a negative 999 review, I would. Marriott should be ashamed to have someone on staff with this attitude, much less make him a manager.

Room tip: Anywhere but here. Terrible service from the front office manager.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mhscofield10

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your needs in this situation. Our goal is to provide the very best service from check in to check out and beyond and we clearly fell well short here.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

My story is long and I will not get into full detail but I would like to give special thanks to the two wonderful individuals that took their time to help me to straighten out the confusing with booking through Expedia.Thank you so much Desirea and Taylor for your assistance in fixing the problem and getting my self and my three kids into our room. Myself as well as my three children enjoyed our stay and the comfortable beds and cleaned room. They liked it so much they want to come back and we will be back. Lesson learn no more booking through third party sites cause it causes to much confusing.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
AloftSales, Director of Sales at Aloft Columbia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for recognizing some of our amazing team. We hope to be your hosts again in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2019

I have stayed in many hotels and i will tell you it takes a lot to WOW me. This is the first hotel that I can truly say wowed me. I checked in on April 26.2019 and checked out on the 28th. The customer service i received was the best ever. Taylor,Freddy, and Desi were 3 of the nicest hotel clerks I have ever encountered. They went above and beyond what i expected. My sister and I felt so special but as i watched them interact with others checking in , i realized all patrons were treated special/ . that truly impressed me. I didnt have a microwave in my room so i asked if i could use the one in the lobby. Without any hesitation Freddy told me to go back to my room and he would bring me one up. Within 5 minutes he was in my room hooking up the microwave. all i can say is the service i received from that trio was stellar. The rooms were so clean and well stocked . i will surely be back to Columbia and the Aloft will be my first choice for accomodations. Thank you for your kindness and help you showed me during my stay.

Jean Johnson