“Great food at reasonable prices”
Review of Carolina Ale House

Carolina Ale House
Ranked #111 of 993 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We came here for lunch with the kids. The atmosphere was typical of a sports bar- TV's everywhere including the bathrooms and sports paraphernalia on the walls.
The menu was typical bar fare- fried pickles, dips and nachos, burgers, salads and wings. I got the veggie burger- which was very tasty. There is a children's menu available, and my kids enjoyed their food too.
Upstairs, all the chairs are stools, so they were not so great for booster seats. There is also an outside eating area, which seemed nice. It was too hot for a July afternoon though!
Our server was very friendly, although the food took awhile to come out. The rest of the clientele was a young crowd.
I would eat here again. It's a safe bet.

There are newer reviews for Carolina Ale House

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stopped in for some quality beers and a bite to eat. The beer selection is HUGE! The bartender was new, alone and didn't like beer? Beer lines and taps need cleaned ASAP as there was a aftertaste which only comes from them not being cleaned or improperly cleaned. Food was perfect. I ordered the Carolina dipper, which came out nice n crispy with aujus and a good side of mixed veggies. Wife ordered the pork slaw tacos and those were mighty tasty too!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We recently had lunch at Carolina Ale House on our way to Charleston, SC. We were greeted with a smile and allowed to sit in the outside dining area with our pet. Our waitress was very personable and very focused on exceeding our expectations. I would recommend this restaurant for the quality of food, friendly and fast service. Great job, Carolina Ale House!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The service here was great, everyone was very friendly and quick to help. The pickle chips were not the best in town, but the cries were pretty good. I got the veggie pizza and it was great, tasted very fresh. My son got the ribs and said they were perfect. We sat in the downstairs portion, which was dark-ish, but roomy. Upstairs was more of a bar type atmosphere, and almost like a whole separate restaurant because they had their own hostesses, etc. The kitchen was totally open to public view, which I find kind of reassuring so I can see what is going on back there :) there were tons and tons of TVS in every direction, all showing different things, which people in my family enjoyed.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We were on the way to a high school soccer match, and had limited time to eat. We told the lady at the bar, and she suggested some items that would come out fast. We chose the pepperoni pizza, their classic burger, and a brisket "dip" sandwich. We also had fried pickles and straw onions. All the items came out within 10 minutes, and all were very tasty, well prepared, and had good portions. The pickles were home dipped and fried, not frozen. The onion straws were also obviously fresh. The pizza was around 10" across, and loaded up with some great cheeses and lots of pepp. We all had a slice to help finish it off. The hamburger was cooked to perfection. The brisket was moist, and the "dip" very tasty. We all had beer, which was really cold and I had the Adams Summer Ale, served in a 22oz. mug. The entire event was over in about 35 minutes, and we were stuffed! The ladies at the bar were most helpful and mindful of our time limitations. We'll definitely go back when we have some more time and eat something else a bit more involved on the menu. But I'd go back in a minute just for the brisket. Well done, folks.....well done.