“Great place to watch a game”
Review of Carolina Ale House

Carolina Ale House
Ranked #172 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mass.
“Great place to watch a game”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in with my family for dinner. Great fun atmosphere with TVs everywhere. Had the app combo which was excellent. The burgers and salads were very good. Lastly the beer selection is excellent. Many selection from some of the countries top microbrews.

I saw a few comments about bad service but our server was excellent.

Highly recommend!

• Visited August 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Nice atmosphere but terrible service”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I sat at the bar for a bite to eat expecting fast service, but I had to ask every time I wanted something. The place was not that busy so I can only think the bartenders don't understand customer service. There was three bartenders for about 12 people total at the bar. With so many options in the area I will be giving my money to an establishment who appreciates their customers.

• Visited August 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Ruined Mother's Day”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a party of 20 people with a reservation for 2 weeks. Orders were taken by who was paying for the check so our order had 4 people. Our order was lost. Everyone else had eaten before we even got our food. Even after it was figured out the order was lost it took a long time for 3 hamburgers and 1 salad. The manager did give us our food free but I have to say the whole event was ruined for us. This is the third time I have been there and every time the service is slow. The food is just ok. I have been upstairs for drinks and food and had to go to the bar for additional drinks because the server did not come back often enough, we had a party of 5. We told the waiter we drink and eat a lot but you need to come back to the table more often. Even though the rooftop area is nice we now go somewhere else due to the service. We normally have a group of 5 to 7 that goes out once a month.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 55butterfly
Newport News, Virginia
“Now those are wings!!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Plenty of meat on these wings! Only 5 flavors but they are done to perfection! Great fried pickles too but the real winner here was the ribs! Great taste and fall-off-the-bone (literally) tender. Normal resteraunt prices but a great value for your money! We will def be back to this family sports bar!!

Visited May 2013
South Carolina
“Very Poor service...”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Food was a solid 3
Service was Terrible:1

I am unsure of the total number of times our server walked past our booth and did not notice that our glasses were empty,finally I just reached for my wallet and laid the credit card on the table,she did get that hint and brought the bill.
She also forgot to bring my salad that came with my entree,so when reminded about the salad she gets a to go box and dumps a few greens into the container.

My steak was ok,it was cooked the way I asked,the mashed potatoes were real and not boxed.
The better half said her wings were good.
We both agree that the onion straws were the highlight,the fried pickles were ok but sliced to thick.

There are TV's everywhere so this would be a solid place for watching a game and having a cold one.

• Visited May 2013