“Did not honor contractual reservation for 2Q Suite-POORLY MANAGED”

Staybridge Suites Columbia
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is beautiful-the rooms amazing-not a bad complimentary breakfast-yet, little food left at evening reception and no more was put out.
Upon our midnight arrival (as verified), my 85 year old parents who REQUIRE separate beds were given a king size bed? After calling the "manager on duty" AT HOME on 2 different occasions, we were told they could find us accommodations at a nearby hotel????? Really?! I don't think so-not at midnight. They were not charged for that room on this night-that I made certain of.
I however booked a 2bedroom suite. We made it work for the evening giving my parents the 2 beds they required in my room, while inconveniencing the rest of my family having them sleep in the king size room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear D0llfacee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate the kind words about our beautiful hotel, amazing suites, and complimentary breakfast buffet. However, we are disappointed to hear that you experienced a few difficulties during your stay. We are truly sorry for the miscommunication that occurred regarding the number of people that would be staying in each guest room, and would like to thank you for sharing these concerns with our General Manager upon arrival. While we understand that it cannot make up for the inconvenience that you experienced on this particular visit, we would like to thank you for accepting a complimentary night stay as an apology and hope that it helped to alleviate some of the stress. In the future, please feel welcome to contact our front desk team directly to make your reservations instead of using a third party booking site. This way, we can personally record the number of people that will be staying in each room and we can guarantee your preferred room type. Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Another reviewer called it home away from home. That's this place exactly.

The Staybridge has exceptional rooms. The staff always is friendly. The food and social get-togethers are top notch. The place is clean. It is quiet and it is in a good location for getting around Columbia.

Many hotels obviously carry the same brand name but by no means are equal. This is the best Staybridge I have stayed at. I enjoyed it so much, I'm willing to let the lack of parking slide and still give it a five-star hit.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EarlofRoovel
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear EarlofRoovel,

Thank you very much for the kind review! We are so glad to hear that you feel we offer a home away from home in Columbia, South Carolina. That is one of the highest compliments that you could give our team - everyone will be delighted to hear such positive feedback! We truly appreciate the compliments about our exceptional rooms, friendly team, and top notch evening socials. We are also pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed our convenient location in downtown Columbia. Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers. We hope that you will come back to see us again soon at the Staybridge Suites Columbia hotel.

Staybridge Suites Columbia Downtown Management Team

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

For $140 we had a one bedroom suite with two queen beds and a pull out, a clean kitchen, a good amount of space, free laundry machines, free breakfast (waffles, omelets, bacon, grits, yogurt, juice, etc... Nothing fancy but ok). Best of all free happy hour with nice beers and wines, and a simple dinner buffet! The bed was comfy and the rooms were quiet.

Staff were super nice. Indoor pool and nice gym. Wifi works.

• Stayed: July 2013
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear travelmore2day,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Staybridge Suites Columbia hotel! We are so glad to hear that you feel we offer a great value in Columbia, South Carolina. We strive to offer unique amenities for hotel guests, so we are delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of the full kitchen featured in each guest room and our free laundry facilities. In addition, we are pleased to hear that you were able to join us for our complimentary breakfast buffet and our complimentary evening social! We appreciate the compliments about our friendly staff members, indoor pool, and fitness center. We cannot thank you enough for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers. Please come back to see us again soon at the Staybridge Suites Columbia hotel!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family of five stayed in this hotel for five days while we had some work done on our home. We booked too late and could only get a one bedroom with pullout sofa bed in the living room. I would say it was a bit too small for all of us but fortunately my kids were at camp each day/all day while I worked from the in-suite desk space. Free WIFI worked perfectly for this purpose! The highest rating is based on the service--absolutely outstanding people. The front desk staff, the staff who prepare and serve the breakfast and dinner were helpful, friendly, professional. I will share that the sofa bed was miserable (we rotated to be fair) and believe me, I slept recently on a sofa bed with memory foam at another resort and loved it. Perhaps Staybridge could update/replace. They offer a selection of free in-room movies and games--my kids loved to pick/choose. I would rate the food as fair (I think the always-present scrambled eggs are made from powder/mix) but again, my kids were in heaven being able to choose from a waffle to cereal to eggs/bacon/sausage each morning (and I didn't have to prepare!). We enjoyed a couple of dinners that were a nice treat at the end of a long day--nothing truly healthy but a nice offering nonetheless. The pool is verrry small so we didn't bother--
And finally, one quirky thing happened--our toilet wouldn't flush. We were heading out for dinner one night and shared with the front desk person who handed me a plunger!?! Say what!?! I laughed and said that I'm happy to give the plunger (filthy, in a plastic bag) a try but, um, do they have a maintenance person just in case??? Yes, he said, they do. The plunger worked but that is really odd for hotel service. Again, quirky. Would we stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear LoveSC2,

Thank you very much for the five star review about our hotel! We are so glad that you and your family were able to join us at the Staybridge Suites. We appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members, free wireless internet, and complimentary DVD library. In addition, we would like to thank you for the feedback about our breakfast buffet. We strive to offer something for every appetite including eggs, waffles, meat, cereals, danishes, fruit, coffee, juice and more. We are glad to hear that you and your kids enjoyed both breakfast and our complimentary evening socials. While we appreciate the compliments, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the pullout sleeper sofa. We have sent you a private message in hopes that you will share your room number with us. This way, we can double check the mattress to ensure that we are offering comfortable accommodations to our guests. As you mention in your review, we do fill up quickly so we encourage travelers to give us a call as soon as they know their travel dates. When you call to make your next reservation, please let us know that you would like to try a different guest room. Perhaps the two bedroom suite will be available to provide a little extra space for you and your family! Finally, we would like to apologize for the toilet that would not flush. We have shared your concerns with our team to ensure that we are better prepared to handle a similar situation in the future. Thanks again for your time and feedback! We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again at the Staybridge Suites Columbia hotel!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hotel is located about one mile from the downtown restaurant area and college campus. If you are retired military this is less fifteen minutes from the Fort Jackson front gate. We had the two bedroom suite. Nice small common area with a kitchenette and front room area. Two separate bedrooms and each had a bathroom. We were in front towards the main road, but did not have any noise problems. Stayed on a Thursday and Saturday nights. Despite being a Platinum Priority Club member the male desk clerk on Thursday night did what he had to, but he was cold and not that welcoming. The female on Saturday night was very accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear coldhill,

Thanks for joining us at the Staybridge Suites in Columbia, South Carolina! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our two bedroom suite which features a full kitchen, two bedrooms, and a living room. We hope that you had a wonderful time at the Columbia attractions that you mentioned in your review including the Vista Downtown, the University of South Carolina campus, and Fort Jackson. We would also like to thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member! We apologize for the lack of recognition that you received on your Thursday night visit and are very glad to hear that we were able to show our full appreciation during your Saturday night stay. We truly value our Priority Club guests and the commitment that they have made to the brand. Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We appreciate it and hope that you will join us again very soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I lived at the Staybridge Suites Columbia for 4 1/2 months from May 21 until September 30...yes, you heard me correctly! I did say 41/2 months while on business travel.

It became my home away from home and met all the expectations I could have had for long term stay in a suite hotel, i.e., staff was extremely friendly, in-suite kitchen worked great and housekeeping was always efficient and well done.

As you will read from others who have reviewed this Staybridge location, a casual but usually delicious Monday-Thursday buffet dinner is served, as is a pleasant breakfast buffet all throughout the week. This type of benefit really means a lot to long term guests and business travelers like me. It meant being able to work all day and, if I didn't feel up to it, then not worry about having to cook or go out to dinner. It was also a big savings to me!

The facilities are a newer construction, suites are furnished with modern things, and everything was very well kept and worked for me during my stay! Laundry room did get crowded when the hotel was full but this was not usually a problem for me. It is also very conveniently located near downtown Columbia and the Vista for bars & restaurants and is a mere stone's throw away from the major freeways.

The General Manager at the time of my stay was Drew and he was always very polite, friendly and helpful (especially with my numerous requests for help with preparing invoices for expense account reporting).

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYBRIDGE SUITES COLUMBIA FOR BUSINESS OR PLEASURE TRAVEL!!!

-----------------------
I make every attempt to take care with providing useful information and reviews of establishments, services and places that I have found noteworthy in my travels. If you found this review helpful, please take a moment to click the "YES" button at the bottom of the review and to the right of the question: "Was this review helpful?"
-----------------------

Room Tip: Room 521 was my home for 41/2 months and it was perfect for me...top floor and all the way at the so...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike L

Dear Mike L,

Thank you very much for making the Staybridge Suites your home away from home in Columbia, South Carolina. Whether travelers are visiting for one night or one year, it is our goal to make sure that guests feel right at home for the entire duration of their stay. Therefore, Drew and the rest of our team were absolutely delighted to hear all of your positive feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed many of our unique amenities and services including the full kitchen featured in each guest room, our laundry facilities, and the complimentary evening social which is held Monday – Thursday nights for hotel guests. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to local restaurants, the Vista downtown, and Interstates 26, 20 and 77. We cannot thank you enough for all of your kind words! We hope that you will come back to see us in the future at the Staybridge Suites Columbia hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff is always friendly and the rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Amenities like pool, exercise room and free laundry are nice (although the washers and dryers have been ill-used by guests that clearly don't have good habits). But the weeknight manager's reception is awesome, with real food, beer and wine.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank covertheearth
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear covertheearth,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Staybridge Suites Columbia hotel! We truly appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members, spacious guest rooms, and complimentary evening social. We strive to offer unique amenities for our hotel guests, so we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our indoor pool, fitness center, and complimentary laundry facilities. Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We hope you will come back to see us again soon at the Staybridge Suites Columbia hotel.

Staybridge Suites Columbia Harbison Management Team