“Haven't even checked in yet...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbia Marriott

Columbia Marriott
Ranked #15 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
South Carolina
“Haven't even checked in yet...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

Well, I admitted booked by trip through Priceline.com for this hotel, whom I have never had ANY problems with! When I called the Marriott to confirm my booking (2 weeks later) and request a crib in room, they stated that my reservation number was not under my husbands name and would not help or talk to me any further.

So, I called Priceline customer service to remedy this situation and they were able to call the hotel for me and straighten everything out - 35 minutes later I had a reservation with the correct name on it but Marriott said they were unable to request a crib at this time, that I would have to ask the front desk when we check in. Does this seem right? I don't know, like I said I've never had this issue with any other hotel booked through Priceline before!

Will definitely update this review once I've been there, but am certainly wary after this experience and some other reviews I've read.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

I have been staying at this great property for the past three months very frequently and time and again I have been convinced that this is the best hotel in Columbia. At first, I tried the Sheraton next door (much more logical choice for me as I am a Starwood Platinum member) but was so dissapointed that I ended up giving this hotel a try and I am glad I did. True I do not get the Starwood perks, but my comfort and the staff attention to guest's need are more important to me. In particular Christian and Mandy in the front desk are very helpful and are always smiling. Location is also great and the indoor pool is conviniently open long hours. I feel home at this property and will continue to visit for the foreseeable future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

The good: Center City Grill was awesome for breakfast buffet. Staff of the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. In room coffee and complimentary bottle water. Very nice fitness center. Standard rooms and toiletries. The bad: Getting off the elevator to the floor of my room there was an odor of stuffiness. The carpet definitely needs to be replaced. Lots of chipped paint. The curtains in my room had stains. The door to my room did not close properly and wasn't insulated well, because there was light under the door. I could hear everything outside my door. There was a standard alarm clock with no ipod connection. I would stay here again if I had to, but this is definitely more like a Hampton Inn than Marriott Hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

We spend couple days in Columbia and we had a great experience in the restaurant.The supervisor Lilyana was wonderful,she try to please our kids and I think she give that place a special tuch.Marriott needs more people like her. She is excellent!

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

The hotel was a little dated but okay. Price seemed to fit hotel. Michael the night manager was very helpful with a special request. Valet service was helpful. Columbia is not exactly "upscale." Decent place for decent price, not much to choose from in Columbia.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Dillon, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

When my husband arrived to check into a room he had reserved for king sized bed, they had no king sized rooms ready at 4 pm. I had a migraine so we just took a queen. We were going to a show so we asked for the front desk to arrange a taxi and they offered the shuttle. The driver dropped us off less than a mile from the hotel and gave us the number to the hotel. After the show let out, we called the hotel and were told that they would not pick us up. The desk clerk had a nasty attitude and my husband asked her to call a taxi but it never came. We finally got our own cab. The next day I tried to get onto the internet at the hotel. The website says that there is a charge of $9.95 unless you are a platinum member and would have been given a package upon checking in. When I called the front desk to tell them that we were not given a package, the clerk was just rude and said just listen and I am going to give you the password, there is no charge. I would never stay here again or recommend this place to anyone else. I love the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta but these folks failed when it comes to service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

our car got broken into in the parking garage, glass everywhere stole kids dvd money credir cards ect.. everything was covered up , the just tagreted our car the hotel takes no responsiblity its a city parking garage, says it is monitered 24 hrs but there are only camera at the elevator. manager to call us still havent heard from him one week later. 3 employees told me breakins happen regular there once a week why are you not telling people they are parking at there own risk, this is where the front desk told me to park.. hotel part was fine

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business