“Quick Stop on our Journey”
Review of Columbia Marriott

Columbia Marriott
Ranked #16 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Lovely entry to the hotel and staff was great. Small glitch while checking in with our room and keys but the staff fixed it right away. The restaurant was great and not overly priced like some hotels can be. They gave us other dining options and were great to say they tried them all themselves. But we decided to stay in and relax at the hotel and it was very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen D
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Colleen D,

My team and I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us in Columbia. We are thrilled that you enjoyed Midlands and Rocks while you were here. Your comments are very appreciated and flattering. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

There are newer reviews for Columbia Marriott

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We recently spent the night at this property. The room was well appointed and up to Marriott standards. Very clean and welcoming. The great bed afforded a wonderful night's sleep not to mention the down pillows and lots of them. Easy in and out, covered parking with direct hotel access and a friendly staff. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Alex C

Dear Alex C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Columbia Downtown. I will share your feedback with the team and celebrate a job well done. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon. Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I attended this hotel for a family trip and a few banquets to support the special forces in my family, and I have to say that this place is amazing. Wonderful banquet staff, wonderful food, wonderful set up. Absolutely beautiful. The staff was welcoming, friendly and professional. There were a few staff members that I feel were so courteous that they deserve a mention; if you ever get the chance to attend a banquet here please ask for Asia or Zoey. These two were wonderful and definitely went above and beyond what was obviously asked of them. It's comforting to know there is still good service out there! Great, great, great! I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Karen W
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Karen W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Columbia Marriott with tripadvisor.com. We are delighted that your stay with the Columbia Marriott was enjoyable and I am so pleased to read they you experienced Brilliant Service. I will pass your praise onto our most deserving team. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is in a good location its beautiful the front desk and even the shuttle drivers were excellent. BUT HEY look out for "housekeeping"! If they are working on your floor plan to get (NO REST!) they are lound in the hallways and i spent hours from 3:30pm to 6pm listening to doors slam on the security locks that they used to prop the room doors they were cleaning, talk about NO thought of guest in their rooms "paid for rooms"! if. it were my call i would NEVER come here for the rest.. other than that if you arenjust gonna stay in the Lobby "great place!"

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear weeklytravelergirl,

Thank you very much for taking to time to post your review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you were disrupted in the middle of the day. I will reaffirm to my team that not all of our guests sleep at night and they need to be mindful of noise at all hours of the day. I appreciate your business and look forward to showing you a better days sleep next visit. My team and I wish you safe and quite travels.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was in town for a conference and I was very pleasantly impressed with this hotel. The staff is really helpful and more than willing to help. As far as Marriotts go this is one of the Best ones I have had the pleasure to experience. It is a great location and easy to find. This was my first time to Columbia and if I ever visited again I would not hesitate to book this hotel again. It was a great value for the money and I appreciated that the walkway from parking goes directly into the hotel to avoid from trucking my luggage a long way.

Pros:
Wonderful service
Hotel Staff very helpful
Clean Rooms
The Fruit Water (REFRESHING!)

Cons:
a bit noisy if you are by the elevator so request a room away from it
View was terrible (but that is okay)

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Ekalisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Columbia with Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to read that such a seasoned Trip Advisor user / traveler, found our hotel and service to be so Brilliant. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to welcome you back very soon. I wish you safe and exciting Travels.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were in town for a conference hosted at the hotel, and we were very impressed with the service. The bartender, Erica, was absolutely fantastic -- she was kind and generous, completely friendly, and full of great suggestions for things to see and places to eat while we were in town. She definitely went above and beyond the call of duty in her interactions with us. Couldn't have asked for better help!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CAWFL

Dear CAWFL,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your TripAvisor Review from your recent visit with us. We are delighted that your stay with the us at the Columbia Marriott was enjoyable. I am so pleased to read that you experienced Brilliant Service from Erica and the team and found the hotel be excellent. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I hosted a breakfast meeting at the Columbia Marriott a few weeks ago. I left my credit card in the restaurant of the hotel during the meeting. Not only did the waitress, Quante, find my work number and call to tell me, she then wrote down my cell number from my voice mail and called me to make sure I knew I had left it. Had Quante not called to tell me I would not have realized I did not have it until my next work meal. Quante could have easily left the card at the front desk or lost and found and not thought another thing about it. This to me is quality customer service. The Columbia Marriott continues to be the best location for meetings, events and overnight stays. I would highly recommend. We are fortunate to have them in Columbia!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Cowgi
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Cowgi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such amazing comments about your recent meeting at the Marriott Columbia. I am so happy to read this amazing service story, Quante is certainly deserving of all the praise. I have already celebrated her with my team, she recently won Employee of the Month, for her amazing service skills. We all appreciate you choosing to due business with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

joel.darr@marriottcolumbia.com