Columbia Marriott
$134
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$125
All reviewsthe concierge loungeshrimp and gritsfront deskparking garagebreakfast buffetbusiness travelstate housemini fridgeindoor poolomeletsouthern hospitalitysouth carolinadowntownmidlandsvaletconferencebellman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Thanks to the awesome staff of the Columbia Marriott for a GREAT event!! Peter (Banquets); Logan (Banquets) Julie (Front Desk) went above and beyond to ensure that everything was totally awesome!!! Thanks to the three of them and their entire team!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Deanna B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great comments about our staff here at the Columbia Marriott. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you come back again soon. Have safe and exciting travels!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We always come to vist Downtown Columbia. And love to stay at the Marriott Hotel but we Experience something very bad. Everything was lovely until coming back to the room and discover the room had not been serviced all day, so when the housekeeper did come make the bed the slip cover came off the Comforter and we discovered blood on the Comforter that housekeeper tried to cover up. Very Disgusting and Unacceptable!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Grant118
JoelD2012, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Grant118,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate you choosing to come back. I am very sorry that your room was not serviced in a timely manner and that the quality of linen was not up to our standards. I will address these issues with my Housekeeping staff and commit to showing you a great experience upon your next visit. I would love to address your issues personally and ensure that I take appropriate measures to restore your confidence in our Housekeeping service. Please reach out to me at (803)771-7000 if you have a moment. Again, my team and I am very sorry. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Wife and I stopped in the Midlands (restaurant in the lobby of the Marriott) for breakfast before leaving the hotel. What a terrific experience. We were cheerfully greeted by Rebe, our server, who proceeded to create a welcoming relationship and flawless service. There was a wide variety of choices (including made to order omelette), and the quality was excellent.
The lobby of the Marriott is newly renovated. In addition to Midlands, there is a sports bar with multiple large screens for watching as many as four events simultaneously.
We recommend Midlands for breakfast (ask for Rebe).

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, good views of Columbia.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bob S,

Thank you for taking the time to share such nice comments about Rebe and our awesome restaurant Midlands". I am very happy to read that our team showed you such excellent service and food. I hope to see you back soon and wish you save and exciting travels.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel during the snow flurry in late January. During one of the nights that we were snowed in, the staff was considerate enough to open up a dinner buffet for the guests... My stay at the Columbia Marriott reminded me of a 1980s movie about red rum, and too much work and no play, "Some places are like people: Some shine and some don't". This one shines :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerry T

Dear Gerry T,

Thank you for weathering the big storm with us in Columbia. This was one challenging week for all of our guests and associates. Thank you for sharing such nice comments about our team, they truly deserve it as they all worked so hard. I am very glad you did not have a "Shining" experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to our typically beautiful weather.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

When traveling, there's one thing that always makes or breaks a business trip. Do they go the extra mile to make you feel at home? Whether you are checking in at the front desk by Josh Yelle or quenching your thirst at the bar by Roxy, you feel at home. I've enjoyed all of my stays at the Columbia Marriott and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Be prepared to be pampered. Oh, and they have Pappy at the bar.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear JohnD7332TX,

My team and I appreciate your loyalty and that you choose to stay with us. Josh and Roxy are true stars and I will share your comments with them. Please say hello to me next time you are here, I'd love to thank you personally. Have safe and exciting travels.