All reviews the concierge lounge parking garage front desk breakfast buffet state house indoor pool mini fridge omelet lobby area business trip southern hospitality fitness center south carolina beds were comfortable staff was very friendly waffles downtown
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a positive review of the Columbia Marriott based on my recent stay for a business trip.

Starting off with parking, you park in a shared garage with a covered walkway bridge that takes you to the hotel. From there, check in was smooth with a quick recognition of my Golds Reward status. Unfortnatly, the concierge lounge was closed for renovations but that was fine and they offered me a breakfast coupon.

Had a very nice dinner across the street at Vineyard, do I smell a Yelp review brewing? The ninth floor Junior Concierge Suite was nice. The wi-fi wasn't strong in my room but I was so zapped that I didn't feel like asking the hotel to bother about that. I had a good night sleep and a productive breakfast with my colleagues before taking on the day's meetings.

All in all, a good stay. Thank you Columbia Marriott!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed in April 2013 - good size room and bathroom - very big comfortable bed - no mini bar - breakfast was good and sports bar was lively with good drinks choice. Would recommend however nearest choice of restaurants was 15 mins away.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a solid hotel in downtown Columbia. It seems to be well managed and organized. The bar/restaurant was very active and well attended by the hotel guests. Public parking is right next door. It's very close to the University and expressway.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We came to Columbia for 3 days with one of our sons. The hotel has a great location; it is well worth getting out and walking around, especially up Main Street toward the Capitol and the university. First, the staff is very nice and helpful, but not obsequious. I needed a pair of hosiery at the last minute, and they opened up their gift shop to sell me some so I wouldn't have to walk or drive around to find some. The beds are a little on the soft side, but we like a firm bed and we did not get any backaches from these. Thankfully, the light blocking curtains work VERY well and we easily could have slept well into the morning. Our son enjoyed the pool and the room service one night, and the breakfast buffet was fine (though of course, pricey, which is to be expected in a hotel). Our only complaint was the noise from the renovations, which lasts until 6 p.m. Just be sure to ask for the lowest floor possible and you'll be fine. We were put on the 9th floor, and we would really hear the drilling and hammering, but the staff were sensitive enough to figure this out, and offered to move us before we even complained (we accepted). So overall, a very good stay which will only improve once the renovations are complete.

Room tip: Go for the lowest floor possible until renovations are complete.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Even though they are under rennovation (which is actually a good thing) this is a good place to stay. Attentive staff at all levels of the organization makes all the difference in the world. Having kind and helpful people from front desk staff to maintenance men makes all the difference in the stay. Very helpful folks..southern charm and southern hospitality.

• Trip type: Traveled on business