Columbia Marriott
$134
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$125
All reviewsthe concierge loungeshrimp and gritsfront deskparking garagebreakfast buffetbusiness travelstate housemini fridgeindoor poolomeletsouthern hospitalitysouth carolinadowntownmidlandsvaletconferencebellman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is very nice. The hotel staff are really amazing - everyone from the woman who works in the Marriott store, to the front desk, to the concierge lounge attendant, to the restaurant manager and waiters... this has got to be some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. Super friendly, super helpful.... a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
JoelD2012, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Jamie W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such amazing feedback about your recent stay with us at the Columbia Marriott. I agree with you, our people are amazing! I hope I had to the chance to meet you while you were here, if not, next time! My team and I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Upon walking up to the Front Desk I was greeted by 2 ladies that were very hepful and friendly, I had a very nice stay, Parking is 12.00 per night in a parking deck next door easy access with a Bridge , Alot of nice places to dine in the Hotel and around the property as well, This Hotel is well maintained and I heard the Hotel is in the process of even making it better with a upcoming renovation. I will be returning to this area in the next few weeks and will be returning for a Visit

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JMB-1952
JoelD2012, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear JMB-1952,

My team and I appreciate you sharing such nice comments about our staff service and the local area. We are very excited to complete our full property renovation, the Marriott Columbia will soon be one of the nicest hotels in the South East. I cannot wait to read your comments when we are complete. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Have known this property when it went from Marriott to Adam’s Mark and back to Marriott. Two friends of mine worked during the Adam’s business class period as the F&B Director and Executive Sous Chef.

Upon arrival self parking is located next door for $12; I paid via the front desk but there was no one the next day to collect any money from us in the garage; could have been free.

Check in was fast, professional and as good as it gets. I stay at 60 to 70 Marriott props each year and check in is important to me.

Room, like the rest of the property is tired but clean. Bathroom looks as though it had a recent update. Hot was in the shower was limited to cool. No problem as I needed a wake up the next morning and nothing like a cold shower in early Jan to get you going.

Walked to the Hunter Gatherer for an appetizer and wine; had an appetizer and class of wine at the Asian fusion restaurant next to it on the walk back. Finished off the evening at the sports pub in the hotel and it is new/fresh with great food and service.

Concierge did not meet the lowest of expectations. That evening the foods were limited and lacking in any appeal. The next morning I arrived at 15 mins after opening and there was scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage. All three looked wonderful but there was no other items including toast, coffee… as a vegan I was out of luck. The attendant advised the coffee brewer was not working; she very politely offered to stop and run to the dinning room for me. I declined and had a good cup in my room with the in room brewer.Hotel had very few guest due to the time of holiday and that may had some effect on the limited service. Other reviews have been positive.

A night here brought back many memories when the property was at its best. Like dinner with an ex of years ago, you don’t see youth has slipped away as there is still a lot of court and spark at this Marriott.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank travelswithjh

Dear travelswithjh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your very well thought out feedback about the Marriott Columbia. You obviously know this hotel and community very well. I am happy to pass your comments on to my team and the City who owns the garage. I am excited to let you know that soon, the Columbia Marriott will be a brand new shinny star of Main Street again. We have started a top to bottom reinvention that will be complete this year. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return. I wish you safe and exciting travels!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at this Hotel on many occasions when in Columbia on business. And if I may add, over 1,000 stays at Marriott properties during my career. With that having been said, I would rate this hotel among the top 5 Marriott hotels that I've stayed....primarily because of the personable service and attention. Thank you my friends!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dawgy-Bill

Dear Dawgy,

Thank you so much for sharing such heartfelt comments about the Marriott Columbia. I agree, the people here are amazing. We all thank you for your loyalty and appreciate you! I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here last week for one night, on business. Room was good, all facilities you would expect from a Marriott are there. Hotel is about 10 minute walk from the restaurant and shopping area, though please do not get too exited.

Had dinner in the Sportsbar of the hotel, good burger, friendly staff, average price. Staff at concierge and reception was also very friendly.

The hotel is just not attractive, lacks personality. I guess it is ok for a couple of nights on business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
JoelD2012, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Tigerwoods100,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your visit in November. I am glad you found the hotel to meet most of your needs and that the staff treated you well. I am happy to report that the property has started a significant enhancement plan and you will be able to see the difference in our guest rooms as early as this week. We are in the process of redoing every guest room and when that is complete we will be updating all of our public areas of the hotel. We will have a beautiful restaurant featuring New Southern Cuisine, local crafted beers and whiskeys and a completely update meeting facility. We also will be updating the entrance, exterior and the lobby. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.