“Irish Pubs are supposed to be fun”

Delaney's Irish Pub
Ranked #190 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina
“Irish Pubs are supposed to be fun”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am slightly older than the regular crowd at this place, so please understand I am not a drunken college student. My girlfriends and I (four of us) had one drink at the bar before being asked to leave -- the reason given by the bartender was "because you are having too much fun"! Seriouly? I didn't know it was possible to have "too much fun" in an Irish pub but apparently I was mistaken. Will NOT be giving any of my business to this crappy joint ever again and will discourage any of my friends and family from patronizing them either.

Visited July 2013

Boiling Springs, South Carolina
“first visit, disappointing meal”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were in Columbia last week moving our daughter from her college dorm to an apartment. She suggested Delaney's for lunch and had enjoyed eating there in the past. The resataurant was almost totally empty @ around 1:30 when we arrived. I ordered the veggie pita and it was mostly lettuce with a few veggies mixed in. My husband got a whiskey beef sandwich and wasnt happy with the overwhelming strong flavor and said the meat wasnt good. We both had sweet pot. fries that were cold. My daughter and her friend liked their food ok- Chicken caesar pita and Bangers and Mash. Maybe we didn't order the right things, but were just very disappointed with the overall experience for the price we paid. Don't think we would return, as their are far better options nearby.

• Visited April 2014
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Busy at St. Pats”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We visited Delany's during the St Patrick festivities at Five Points. The place is very crowded and there was a Scottish band playing outside. The bar food is good and the staff was very busy pouring drinks but able to keep up the orders. Although they have many craft beers to sell we found the house cabernet to be better than any other place in town. It was noisy, probably due to St Patrick's, I nice place to stop at.

• Visited March 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Cool Hang Out”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This pub is located in an area known as 5-points. They have a good selection of beer and the food was very good. We ordered some fried pickles, sandwiches, and wings and were pleased. Employees were really cool and the crowd was an older college crowd. We visited on a Sunday night while in SC on business. It would be good to have some louder music playing, but we were cool just hanging out.

• Visited March 2014
North Carolina
“Ditto on the "just alright"”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

What a disappointment! Had been eagerly looking forward to my return trip for the fish and chips that I wrote about in December, so was really disappointed with our visit a few days ago. I guess, in the restaurant business, two months is a long time, because something's changed here. Don't know whether the food manager changed or the chef, but, the fish and chips we had in December were completely different than what was served last week. Such a shame too, as they're just a pleasant memory now.

• Visited February 2014