“Great Food and Service!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 993 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Columbia, SC is located in the heart of downtown in the city’s financial, entertainment and historic district in the lobby of the Hilton Hotel. The restaurant is conveniently located next door to the Columbia Convention Center and just a few blocks from the University of South Carolina campus.We serve the finest steaks in Columbia. Treat yourself to a USDA Prime steak that arrives sizzling on a 500° plate and a bottle from our award-winning wine list. With a spacious bar and multiple dining rooms that are ideal for business dinners, private parties and date nights, our Columbia steak house team offers a dining experience you and your guests will long remember.The restaurant boasts two private dining rooms as well as multiple meeting rooms and an expansive ballroom, enabling us to offer a variety of event options for 10 to 200 guests. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two, an important business luncheon, a social event or an all-day meeting, Ruth’s Chris of Columbia can accommodate your needs.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

While deciding on a birthday location for someone, Ruth Chris was mentioned as a choice location. Everyone was talking about how great and expensive the food was there and highly recommended. The birthday celebration ended up being at another location but I finally got to go for myself a few days later. I was very impressed with the customer service received and attentiveness and professionalism of our servers. The food was very tasty and we did not have to wait long before being served. Very serene and elegant atmosphere. I would highly recommend this restaurant, but please keep in mind beforehand that some of the meal choices are quite expensive. Suggest reviewing the menu and prices before your arrival if pricing will be of a concern.

David M, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Serene and elegant -- what a compliment! Thanks for sharing your kind words with us, and for joining us for a great meal and some southern hospitality. We hope to welcome you back again soon, no matter what the occasion! And if you're looking for a great value next time, check out our Seasonal Prix Fixe Classics menu, which is available nightly in our dining room. http://ruthschris.net/seasonalmenus/

Warm regards,
Scott Harbach, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia

Reviewed August 19, 2014

My family ate at Ruth's on August 16 the food was great service was excellent my only complaint was that all their steaks were16 is other than the fillets I would have preferred a ribeye but did not want a lb if meat . Prices are high but talk all prime meat and you get what you pay for . I would highly recommend Ruth's .

Reviewed August 18, 2014

As I was thinking about what to say here, it occurred to me that what attracts us to Ruth's Chris is not its outstanding reputation for beef, but its combination of simply prepared food in an elegant setting with a calmness that we don't often find in other restaurants. I should say that we had lobster tail and a swordfish special and both were prepared to perfection.

David M, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

I'm thrilled that you were so impressed, Nasi! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2014

never been disappointed at a Ruth Chris. this location is no exception. friendly and attentive staff. excellent cuts of meet. good bartender

David M, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

We're thrilled that you've always loved dining at Ruth's Chris, Paul! I will be sure to share your kind words with the team here in Columbia. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your next visit even more memorable, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Good things: Portion-size

Taste compared to other Ruth Chris's: Sides ok but the steak was spot on.

Seafood: I won't try again here (I guess you have to go to a real seafood house.)

Attention to detail: Sucks. My food had extra in-edible items.

A Manager did come out to see if I wanted anything on the house, I decline his offer.

My rating price wise is based on the type of experience I had.

David M, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with a five-star experience. Your sides should have been just as impressive as your steak, so I'd like to know more about this, as well as specifically which seafood dishes you tried. While I know you mentioned that a manager did stop by your table to see if there was anything they could do to make your meal better, I would still love the opportunity to discuss your recent experience in greater detail. If you are so inclined, please feel free to reach out to me directly at davidm@ruthschris.net or 803.212.6666.

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out, and I look forward to continuing the conversation.

Best,