“Nice Graduation Lunch”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 983 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Columbia, SC is located in the heart of downtown in the city’s financial, entertainment and historic district in the lobby of the Hilton Hotel. The restaurant is conveniently located next door to the Columbia Convention Center and just a few blocks from the University of South Carolina campus.We serve the finest steaks in Columbia. Treat yourself to a USDA Prime steak that arrives sizzling on a 500° plate and a bottle from our award-winning wine list. With a spacious bar and multiple dining rooms that are ideal for business dinners, private parties and date nights, our Columbia steak house team offers a dining experience you and your guests will long remember.The restaurant boasts two private dining rooms as well as multiple meeting rooms and an expansive ballroom, enabling us to offer a variety of event options for 10 to 200 guests. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two, an important business luncheon, a social event or an all-day meeting, Ruth’s Chris of Columbia can accommodate your needs.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Nice Graduation Lunch”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had our daughters graduation lunch here with a party of 25. The service and the food was very good! Most of us had sandwiches and burgers and everyone enjoyed their meals. We also ordered some extra sides and we had way too much food.

• Visited August 2013

“Don't waste your money. Terrible steaks for the price.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wanted to treat my family to the best steaks in town, and decided to take them to Ruth Chris based on the reviews I read. I should've done my research better, because we were sorely disappointed in this place. The steaks were flavorless, overcooked, and the presentation was terrible. My brother ordered the t-bone (a $50 steak) that just looked like a slab of meat on a very small plate. You have to pay extra for all of your side items, which were also bland and tasteless. Your steaks are brought out on a small plate--- no garnish, no nothing, just meat--and all of the side items are brought out in separate bowls. Here's a novel idea, why not combine everything onto one plate so that it looks appetizing? Our bill came up to $200 for 3 people and no alcoholic beverages. I would NEVER eat there again. If you want great food for half the price, try Solstice Kitchen. Surprisingly, you'll also get a far superior steak at Liberty Tap Room one block away. Don't waste your money at Ruth's Chris in Columbia, SC.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank twinklenoz
Columbia, South Carolina
“Vegetarian at Ruth's Chris”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went with a group of carnivores and didn't want a steak. However, I was not disappointed. The vegie plate was fantastic. I chose 3 items from the vegetable choices. They brought me huge portions and I ate as well as the rest of our party. Granted it was a little pricey for spinach, mushrooms and asparagus, but no one goes to Ruth's Chris to save money anyway.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank shebaspack
charleston
“Breakfast at Ruth's ??”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This option may only be available because the restaurant is located in a hotel, but the breakfast buffet was comprehensive and well done. I do not know if the menu included Steak and Eggs, but it probably did. They are getting ready to renovate, just because they do so every 5 years. It does not appear shabby at all.

Visited May 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great steaks”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Sat at the bar in the lobby of the Hilton. The bartender was very attentive, even offering up free homemade "chips". As always, Ruth's food never fails to impress. As often as I go to the Ruth's in Greenville, I've never had a bad steak, nor improperly cooked; it was the same here. Perfectly cooked steak. Sides always good.

Visited April 2013