“Way too expensive!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 983 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Columbia, SC is located in the heart of downtown in the city’s financial, entertainment and historic district in the lobby of the Hilton Hotel. The restaurant is conveniently located next door to the Columbia Convention Center and just a few blocks from the University of South Carolina campus.We serve the finest steaks in Columbia. Treat yourself to a USDA Prime steak that arrives sizzling on a 500° plate and a bottle from our award-winning wine list. With a spacious bar and multiple dining rooms that are ideal for business dinners, private parties and date nights, our Columbia steak house team offers a dining experience you and your guests will long remember.The restaurant boasts two private dining rooms as well as multiple meeting rooms and an expansive ballroom, enabling us to offer a variety of event options for 10 to 200 guests. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two, an important business luncheon, a social event or an all-day meeting, Ruth’s Chris of Columbia can accommodate your needs.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Way too expensive!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food was great, but I just can't justify paying the prices they charge. We went with a group and since we'd never eaten there before, had no idea of the menu prices. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was pretty good. And the food was delicious, just too expensive for my budget.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank car-o-lina1969

Columbia, South Carolina
“Overpriced”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

A vendor for my company decided to take my boss and I there for lunch. The restaurant itself is very nice, the wait staff is very helpful and down to earth. Buuuuuut, I ordered my Filet Mignonne medium, "with a pink warm center" said the waiter. Well, when it came out it had good enough flavor, not to mention the size was more than generous, but when I cut down the middle of it, it was more like between rare and med rare. I ordered asparagus to got with it and hollandaise sauce, lets just say that it had absolutely no flavor.

IMO...I'll take a steak and meal from Longhorn's any day over them.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Footballertr7
High Point, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I realize I sat at the bar but does that mean poor service? I order a glass of wine, said that I was going to order dinner and needed a menu. 2 bartenders on duty and mine decided that he wanted to help the couple that came in after me. I noticed they had a menu as well...... I received no service and they were getting what appeared to be good service. I paid my tab and left. Not impressed with Ruth's Chris for my first visit. :( I cannot rate Food or Value. Atmosphere was a hotel setting.

• Visited December 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Just What You Expect”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We arrived late one evening and didn't feel like going out of the hotel to find a restaurant. So we went to Ruth's Chris located in the Hilton Hotel downtown.

We stayed at the bar for a steak sandwich (me) and a steak salad (my wife). The bar area is very pleasant, the bar person was very knowledgeable and very efficient. Drinks were excellently blended and put a nice finish to a long day of traveling. The salad and sandwich were quite excellent and were served not long after being ordered.

If you are in the mood for large servings of excellently prepared food than Ruth's Chris is the place for you.

Visited November 2012
Morris County, NJ
“Overpriced food, but consistent with the brand”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Ruth's Chris is consistant across its brand for taste, but at the price level for eating here you can go to some of the other local restaurants that will provide you with a much better culinary experience. If you are a big Ruth's Chris fan, this location will not disappoint, but if you are adventurous and willing to walk a couple of blocks, you can find batter fare elsewhere in the Vista.

Visited January 2012