“Pretty Good”

Ranked #49 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Sumter, South Carolina
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Sleep Inn during my wedding weekend (my wedding was at the Medallion Center in front of the hotel). Nice staff. Location was great off of Garners Ferry and I-77. I enjoyed the fresh baked cookies. Hot breakfast each morning.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank SparklingTreasure
robertcola, General Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, May 13, 2014

803-776-6263

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was here for almost two months. the manager was very helpful and made my stay a home away from home. The front desk attendent was very nice. Especially Savahana. Overall I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank David W
robertcola, Owner at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Once again this hotel aimed to please and it succeeded. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast contained more than any one person would ever need. The fresh cookies and hot coffee available throughout the day and evening was a great treat. The staff was so hospitable and never missed an opportunity to ask if everything was okay or if we needed anything. It is so convenient to USC and I77 as well as restaurants and shopping. We will be going back again in the fall!

Room Tip: If you have the choice pick a room more center and/or towards the lobby, people using the swimming p...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Hannah15317
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, April 24, 2014

Kind Regards,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I are presently in the most dusty hotel room I have ever seen! We booked by internet and arrived at about 4:00PM after a long day of travelling from Florida . We were given a room for physically challanged on the ground floor. There was about 1/2 inch dust on the side of the TV;I did clean it before I put my stuff close to it because I did not have a choice, the room is very small. One of the pillow cover was stained with spots. We go out for dinner and when we come back, I go to use the toilet. The toilet paper holder was also full of very old and stuck dust. That was it ! I asked for another room. I was offered another physically challanged room that was just as filthy as the first one. I asked for management. The manager came and offered a reimbursement or he offered to ask a special cleaning team who would come specially to clean a room to my liking and that this would take hours and he went on and on about the time it would take. By then, it is 7:00PM and we are tired and are afraid to book another hotel that could possibly not be cleaner if we are not lucky. So, I told him that I knew what I need to do and ask him if he ever heard about TripAdvisor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 221SuzanneK772
Guest made a reservation on line for a handicapped room and at check in as we reviewed the reservation she claimed she didn't make the reservation, her husband must have. She wanted a King bed and we offered to her at a price difference but she refused to accept at the time. Now having checked in and after 4 hours of staying in the room she claimed that the room was dirty, We offered her an alternative handicapped room which she claimed is more dirtier than the one she is in. She informed us and threatened us about "Tripadvisor" and said she will give us a bad review, that this is not "China", we have rules here! Even after hearing this we offered her a full refund and she declined, we even offered her to watch us while we clean a room so she questions how long will it take. I said 2 persons will take 40 minutes to satisfy your standard. She claimed she (well into middle age) can do it in 15 minutes and bluntly refused to leave the hotel with full refund. We informed Tripadvisor that we were being manipulated and blackmailed by this individual to get her into a "King Room" without her having to pay the difference! and that if we don't she will give us a negative review. Tripadvisor said write us your response and we will remove the guest comment. This did not occur. The guest clearly was hoping to stay as she mentioned in a "Waldorf Astoria" and we happened to be a Sleep Inn!
Pfafftown, North Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Easy reservation, check-in, check-out. Room was clean and well maintained. Bed was comfortable - room temp was easy to regulate and stayed consistent once set. Used the exercise room - only three machines however I was the only one in there. The equipment was clean and easy to use. Breakfast was fresh and there were lots of choices. Good coffee. Staff was friendly and pleasant!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawna H
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment and review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was looking for a budget friendly hotel for a night stay in Columbia. This one was priced right ($54 + tax from AAA) and the reviews were good so I booked it. I was very pleased with my stay. It started at check-in. The young lady working the late evening shift was VERY pleasant. She seemed to truly like being there helping you. Just what you want at the end of a long day. When I got to the room I saw a water bottle on the table which I thought was odd for the cleaning staff to leave behind until I found a personalize noted from the owner under it welcoming me to the hotel and thanking me for choosing their Sleep Inn. I have never seen this before at a budget hotel. The room was very clean without having that hotel cleaner smell about. The only small draw back to our room was the carpet was fraying at the bathroom door and the leather like chair was peeling. The hotel is under renovation so hopefully the carpet is next and then room would have perfect. Breakfast the next morning was a full hot breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy) along with cereal, muffins, yogurt. For the two of us staying there this was a definite bonus in terms of price. The hotel is right off I77. The only problem with getting there is Exchange Blvd. is not marked real well so you really have to be looking for it when you come off the interstate.

I would definitely stay here again if the need arises.

Room Tip: We requested a ground floor room when making reservation and they accommodated.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your compliments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was supposed to fly in Columbia and head straight out, but my plans changed as I landed. I called the hotel and was given a room at a great rate. When I got there, I was greeted very warmly and was thanked for being a Choice Elite member. The manager, Rajesh was extremely friendly. After a long day of flying and herded through airports, this was very welcomed. There was a sign in the front that they were still doing construction. If you read any of my other reviews, you will see that I have great respect for hotel owners who invest back into their property instead of just bleeding the profit until the place is run into the ground. My room was on the first floor. The carpet was a little frayed on the edges, the desk chair’s “leather” was peeling, and the shower floor was a bit stained (probably from hard water) but that’s about all I can say negatively about the room (not enough to really report to the front desk). I actuall like the walk-in showers. I mean, who really takes a sit-down bath in a hotel any more? I was called within about 10 minutes to see if everything was ok with the room and to ask if I needed anything. I like the personal touch. Breakfast was very good (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy plus the other regular continental items- and good coffee).
Sleep Inn is not at the top of the Choice brands, but I have stayed at many of the upper brands that could take some lessons from this hotel. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Its' kind of back off the highway so any room should be pretty quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jhg155
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, February 22, 2014