“do not accept room 318”

Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson
Ranked #50 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed with my 6 year old daughter. Cigarette burns on the comforter in the non smoking room. Stains on the regular bed blanket. Mold on the air conditioner. White stuff smeared down window. Every tv channel has static. Bathroom door does not close. Shower does not sprays just dribbles. Gave a 2 for security safety since the hallway smelled of marijuana and other guest and myself complained yet they did not notify police.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Sleep Inn near Fort Jackson is only a few miles from the main entrance to Fort Jackson which was the purpose of our trip (graduation). It is very conveniently located off I 77, although there is alot of traffic as this exit. The property is well maintained, quiet and clean, but basic. Rooms were nice with a flat screen TV, free wifi, and a very comfortable bed providing a great night's sleep. Breakfast was OK, nothing special and the breakfast area is quite small. Coffee was always available, and fresh cookies were set out in the evening, a nice touch. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. This property is an excellent value and would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
robertcola, General Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time and sharing your great experiences with the World. All the staff at Sleep Inn near Fort Jackson in Columbia SC really looks forward to being your host again in the future.
Thanks. GM

Reviewed March 15, 2013

While traveling from Florida to New York a couple of weeks ago with my father, I ran into an issue that caused me to call this Sleep Inn to cancel my reservation. I was certain that the cancel time was 7 a.m. the next morning (many Sleep Inns are), but to my disappointment, my email res. stated 4 p.m. day of... I called anyway (at 6 p.m.) and Raj was professional in handling my request for a cancellation with a refund. I have no idea what the property is like, but the staff and management are very professional. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We love ya, thanks for your response.
GM.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Sleep Inn driving north to New Hampshire. It is conveniently located off the interstate, a concern to us, yet our room was very quiet. Room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Interior corridors a must for us. Staff was very cordial and helpful. Kudos to the management. Would definitely stay here again because it provides great value and comfort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience in reviewing our hotel. We are very happy to have been of service and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
GM

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Chose this motel based on price, location, and others' reviews and was not disappointed. It was easy to find, the clerk was friendly and called when I got settled in my room to make sure everything was satisfactory. The room was clean, spacious, up-to-date, and the air unit was very quiet. I also liked that all the rooms have inside entry.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 385FT

Thank you for your comments, All the staff at the Sleep Inn near Fort Jackson Columbia SC really appreciates your input and will continue to exceed your expectations.
Thank you again.
GM

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Typical Sleep Inn, quick and friendly check in, all interior corridors with elevator. Room was clean and comfortable. Good WiFi, good TV. Desk with rolling chair, easy access to electrical outlets. Close to interstate but no highway noise. Numerous restaurants in the area. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Raj Sachania, CHO
Hotel Operations Manager/GM
Sleep Inn near Fort Jackson
803-776-6263

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spent the night here on our way home and was very satisfied with our pick. The staff was extremely nice and check in was easy. The room is clean and comfortable and the bed slept well. Would definitely stay here again. Plenty of good restaurants nearby and the breakfast here was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple