“Great hotel for the price”

Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson
Ranked #50 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great hotel for the price”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you are looking for clean, comfortable and inexpensive this is the place! Rooms are a little small and bathroom is separated only by a pocket door, but we were only there to sleep and change clothes so it was fine. Beds were very comfortable, nice flat screen TV. We were at USC Parents Weekend and would return while in Columbia. Breakfast was good - waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, sweet rolls, cereal, yogurt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Honestly I would have to assume that the reviews listed on this site are attached to the wrong hotel - there is no way we visited the same hotel.

Booked the room on priceline and as soon as I pulled up and saw only 1 other car in the parking lot I knew it wouldn't be pretty.

Outdated bedspreads, very dirty bathroom, just terrible decor in general but the worst was that there was a roach on the floor in the room (picture is attached). When I went to the front desk they refused to refund me because I booked through Priceline - Priceline would only refund me for 1 night and they blamed the hotel for not wanting to refund me. Choice Hotels also refuses to issue me a refund for my 2nd night so I'm out of my money despite the fact that I was only in the room for 10-20 minutes before I discovered the bug.

Ultimately this will deter me from booking a Choice Hotel or for using Priceline again. Terrible customer service on both ends and really disappointing results.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank lilemoevie
Aberdeen, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I came in Wednesday at midnight looking for a place to stay. Unfortunately all the hotels were occupied. I came into Sleep Inn where the general manager helped me look for any other vacant hotels. It was really nice of him to offer his help along with his friendly staff. With the given customer service, I would be pleased to come here and stay. Two thumbs up for this hotel and a big recommendation for all the travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
dree
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this hotel as we attended our son's graduation from Ft Jackson. It was such a great value, nothing fancy but perfect for our stay. They had the room so nice and cool for us on arrival which we appreciated with the high humid southern temperatures. (we recently stayed at a place that didn't do that and it seemed like it took forever for the room to cool down) Checkin was easy and received room I requested. Nice king size bed, very comfy. Room was clean. Nice shower. They had cookies and free copies of Wall Street Journal on ckin. Locations was perfect. Lots of restaurants, close to base and when we brought our son back after grad and felt like pizza, the nice front staff woman suggested a nice place she knew about. We relaxed at night after very long days, no loud outside noise, nice flat screen tv. Outdoor pool which we didn't use but nice and clean. Coffee maker in room. Breakfast was included with room price and a nice assortment! Cereals, sausage eggs, fruit, pastries and a waffle maker! Two mornings we were in a hurry and it was nice to grab coffee and a yogurt for a quick breakfast. All in all I am very glad I chose this property. It was such a bargain. The 3 nights costs less than what we have paid for one night elsewhere. Only negative we drove by street it's on, no sign to alert you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dree49
Columbia, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sleep Inn. The breakfast was good and the rooms were nice and clean. The housekeepers were very pleasant and I especially liked the housekeeper name Jennifer Robnson. She was very nice and helped me when I asked her about things to do out here. The only thing that I would say is that I wish that they had plasma Tv's in every room. But other than that everything was perfect. I would definitely stay here again and it's very close to Fort Jackson Military Base.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SharondaFitts
Pelzer, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I recently stayed here while teaching classes at Fort Jackson. I found the reservation process to be easy and straightforward, and upon arrival, found the staff to be very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and everything needed was provided. The housekeeping staff went out of their way to volunteer any assistance they could, and the room was quiet and comfortable. I will be staying here again on my next trip to Columbia.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We attended my sister's graduation ceremony with my friend and slept at Sleep Inn Hotel near Fort Jackson. we had a very wonderful stay at this particular hotel. First of all, the customer service was excellent which made us feel at home already. The rooms were clean and very neat and quiet and comfortable beds. Breakfast was excellent and every staff was always ready to assist if we needed any help with anything. This was a memorable trip that was far away from home and yet we felt very much at home. I recommend this hotel to guests that are planning to travel to Fort Jackson, Columbia, SC. Thanks to everyone that assisted us and also thanks to the general manager Raj. Continue doing the good job.

Room Tip: excellent rooms.