“In town for a football game”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #51 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here after a football game. It was extremely cheap and I had very low expectations. I was surprised to get a gigantic room that was much better that expected. The staff was very friendly and we both slept well. Great for an overnight stay. Conveniently located off of the Interstate. I would stay here again when in town for a night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
IBShah, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thanks.. please stay with us again.. give us again opportunity to extend more comfort..

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Went to visit daughter at USC and go to the gamecock football game. Straight to the point. Pros: the people are very nice. The area was not at all a bad part of town. For the price really no compliant. Cons: my wife who is picky would not want to stay there. My son or anybody else that is not picky would not have a real problem. What is picky; place looks a little worn. Front door not quite sealing or on door hung correctly. needs paint in places, just needs minor repairs in general. Air condition from rooms up top drip down on you below. In all these are not major issues and really did not effect my stay. If my wife had come she would not be happy, but that is her. During game days the place tends to fil up. You can have a good stay here.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Sincerely appreciate and welcome your observations.. We shall promptly take all necessary steps to effect the improvement..

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Really a great room at an excellent price. I don't expect a lot from a 45 dollar room but I was very impressed. The room was spacious, clean and well kept. The bed and pillows were clean and comfortable. Also, the hotel is in a quiet area and centrally located for most of Columbia. A great value overall.

• Stayed: September 2012
IBShah, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you very much.. we brought New beds for 30 rooms and new pillows , last month..
for more comfort of our guests. please give us a opportunity again,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I've been doing a lot of traveling lately and, due to last minute changes or other factors, it is often on a budget. I've grown weary of "cheap" hotel rooms and have come to expect little. So, I was refreshingly pleased with this inexpensive little hotel just off the interstate.
The room was very clean and not run-down at all. The only thing that showed any wear was the inner doorframe in the bathroom that had a tiny bit of rust on one side. Otherwise, linens and furniture were new-ish and quite pleasant.
The continental breakfast isn't fancy but it is just fine to start the day.
My only complaint was that I couldn't find anyone when I was ready to checkout. Overall, very fine affordable lodgings.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you, we are committed to further improve our guest satisfaction..

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Florida and liked it so well we made a point to return. Sure if you look hard enough you'll be able to find something wrong with any room but I've stayed at motels that cost allot more then this one and had allot less to offer. The desk clerks were very nice and helpful. The rooms were big , very clean and quiet .The beds were comfortable and It had everything you could want. Frig, Micro , Iron & board , hair drier , Coffee pot. Breakfast was only cereal, toast, and muffins but that was fine and in the same parking allot was a Cracker Barrel & Burger King. All in all, This was one of the best values we've ever had in a motel. Great job guys ! Thanks

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IBShah, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you.. Now we have rooms with New Beds- King Bed and Double bed..
we are making consistence efforts to offer upgraded comfort to our guests.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

It was a good sized room. I would stay again. I didn't see any bugs or roaches like the other reviews said. We needed a quick cheap place for 2nights and this was it. Breakfast was simple, but hey for under $40 a night I wasn't expecting anything. They had 2kinds of cereal,muffins,donuts,mini cinnamon rolls ,bread for toast,butter and jelly ,oatmeal and grits. They also had coffee oj and Apple juice. They offered free wifi & daily paper which was a nice perk. The pool was smaller than it looked in the picture but it was still nice and clean. Hardly anyone used the pool so we had it to ourselves. The room could have been a little bit cleaner but for the most part it wasn't bad. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012
IBShah, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you very much.. We are undertaking renovation.. We will make your next stay more comfortable...

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel was very nice and comfortable for the price. The hotel is build in a busy area but in a way where it has plenty of privacy. The staff were extremely nice and helpful and the rooms are large. There is also a bar and many dining options within close walking distance of the hotel. It is a great choice to stay at if passing through Columbia as it is located close to the highway.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brandon42262

Thank you very much .. we order new beds..very soon , we are upgrading rooms..to serve
our guests more better..