“Great Hotel Stay”

Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77
Ranked #39 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard a week or so ago, and I thought it was great. The check in was fast and the room was nice. Although the room was a little small, it was very cozy!! We were able to get some good rest before the event we were attending. There was a nice pool area as well as a nice fitness room. The breakfast buffet was good, and the attendants made sure me and my family were taken care of. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Check in after a 700 mile drive was smooth and I was thankful. Free drinks in the lobby until 8pm. Includes beer, soda and well drinks. Carts available for self serve move in. Front desk was helpful and provided a list of nearby restaurants for dinner. Beds and room are clean and comfortable. We had no issue with noise from the nearby hospital. The a/c unit was loud but that is always the case at these type of hotels. Over all nothing bad to say.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I am regular Courtyard Client having stayed over 26 days in this brand in 2014 so I have a bit of experience with them. The front desk personnel were all attentive and helpful. The bar attendant on Monday evening 7/14 was gone more than she was present during her shift. She arrived occasionally but was mostly not present, the young gentleman working bar the day after was a refreshing change. I found the breakfast quite inviting and expansive considering some other Courtyard properties. My room had a musty odor at times however it was clearly very clean. This was a replacement room from the one assigned at check in that also had a worse musty smell that I could not tolerate. Not sure what caused this, but I suspect the A/C units may not have been draining water properly. My main complaint was internet issues. Throughout my stay the internet was spotty at best, non-existent frequently and slow all the time. The front desk connected me with tech support who attempted to assist. The tech finally conceded that the hotel just didn't have enough band width to support the number of customers using it which I found surprising since the night this conversation took place I would estimate the occupancy rate of the hotel at less than 50%. The highlights were easy to get to and the helpfulness of the staff with the exception of the bar staff noted.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank NMandBeyond
Reviewed July 20, 2014

last minute decision to stay here while trying to take a break from work! I usually stay at other hotels but figured I'd try this one and i was not disappointed. the staff was polite and the people who serviced the room in the mornings were also very nice

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed at this Courtyard last year and saw two roaches aka Palmetto bugs in the room. Went downstairs and was moved to another room after the girl at the front desk told me there wasn't much that could be done. They spray for bugs but "it is the South." I travel the area every couple of weeks and started staying at another hotel. After a about a year, I decided to try this hotel again since I like the location. On this past stay, saw another roach in my room. I stay at hotels all up and down the SC and GA coast and have never had this issue at any other hotel so I don't believe it's a Southern thing. Won't be trying it again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Stephhr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent travel experience with future guests on TripAdvisor. Furthermore, I am sincerely sorry that we were not able to live up to your expectations-or ours for that matter-when it came to your room.

Providing a safe, clean environment for our guests is a top priority, and obviously this is not what we acheived with you. I can promise you that this is not an ongoing issue, and we have contacted our pest control service to immediately rectify this situation. Sometimes in the humid summer months, insects outdoors do try to seek refuge indoors where it is cooler, and this is why we have strict pest control policies on preventing this.

Again, we remain 100% committed to providing complete guest satisfaction, and it saddens me that we were unable to acheive this with you. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77 .

Yours In Hospitality,

Erin Thomson
Sales Manager
erin.thomson@marriott.com

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located just off I77, making it perfect for travelers. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. The hotel looked to have some good amenities, though we didn't have the time to try them. Our only issue was with the air conditioner which is common in so many hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Spa did not work the water was cold. Also, the staff was rude at breakfast and you can only have 2 adults eat breakfast or they will charge you more. But, the breakfast was not all that for them to be trying to make you pay more.

Room Tip: Spa did not work the water was cold. Also, the staff was rude at breakfast and you can only have 2...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear lmaxvill,

Thank you for sharing your recent travel experience with us as well as other travelers on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the feedback you have shared and find it essential to providing all guests with the top-notch customer service we are known for.

I am, however, saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your overall stay. When purchasing our package that includes breakfast, our website is very clear that it only provides breakfast for up to two adults. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with a breakfast that is healthy as well as nutritious. In fact, our breakfast scores consistently higher than other Courtyard by Marriott properties across the nation.

I do understand the importance of maintaining our spa tubs, and I can assure you that our management team has thoroughly inspected each of them to ensure they are in working order. We hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you our commitment to guest service excellence next time you come to the Columbia area! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77.

Yours In Hospitality,