“Too expensive for an average place” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77

Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77
Ranked #36 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Akron, Ohio
“Too expensive for an average place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stopped and stayed here on 9/10/2013 and let me just say there really is nothing that great about this place. They charge way too much for an average room and breakfast is NOT included however you are welcome to dine in their onsite restaurant and pay $9.95 a plate for breakfast. No thank you for over $100.00 a night (not including taxes etc) I will stay somewhere else where they are kind enough to include breakfast when they overcharge you for a room. They are close to the highway, but for the price check into some of the other close by hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cricket44314
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear cricket44314,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest opinion with us. We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you did not try our award-winning breakfast. We have recently been rated #1 in Overall Breakfast out of all Courtyard by Marriotts in America! Please keep in mind that all Courtyard by Marriott hotels charge for breakfast as our breakfast is a full service restaurant where you can be waited on and have food cooked to order for you! Also, we recommend our "Stay for Breakfast" promotion to our guests that is only $1 higher than our regular rate and includes breakfast! Also, our hotel rates are priced competitively with the other hotels around us so I am sorry we could not help more on the rate. We must maintain a certain rate in order to provide the service, amenities, cleanliness, and overall standard that our guests love and expect with the Marriott brand.

We would love to welcome you back so that you can see our commitment to service excellence and guest satisfaction. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in personally setting up your reservations.

Katie.Register@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

there's a Fairfield on Two Notch Road...5 mintues away - that is cheaper, nicer, newer (this is an old Courtyard), cleaner.....and just...a much better deal.

Was the Courtyard clean? Sure. Was it average? Yes...it was an old school Courtyard. The internet was fine and the gym too. The elevator slow. They have the old school breakfast buffett...it looked crummy so i went to Cracker Barrell....also crummy.

This hotel is easy to find....and is not bad. It's just....not comparable to the much better and nearby Fairfield.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelManSouth
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear TravelManSouth,

I hope you are having a wonderful day and that your travels back to beautiful Tennessee were pleasant! I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review of our hotel, and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent during your stay.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities; in fact, we recently just completed an amazing full renovation on our guest rooms. We recognize that there are great properties in Columbia and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

Also, we regret to hear that you did not have breakfast with us. We feel confident that you would have enjoyed it as our breakfast was rated #1 out of all Courtyard by Marriott breakfasts in America recently. From our shrimp and grits to our custom omelets, our breakfast is one-of-a-kind.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Cleveland, OHIO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Comfortable, clean and a great breakfast. Rooms also have in-room coffee and a refrigerator. Easy access to the highway. Great shopping nearby at Sand Hill just 15 minutes away. Also close to a hospital and within walking distance of a drug store and a Sonic. Gym equipment could use updating but there is an indoor hot tub and an outdoor pool. Walking trail on the hospital grounds is safe to use and right next door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear smom7,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are so pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay and all the wonderful amenities offered. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We always stay at this hotel whenever we're in Columbia. The rooms are always clean & comfortable. We enjoy the breakfast that's offered and the staff is always pleasant.the area is quiet so you don't have to worry about noise from the interstate. There are restaurants nearby if you are hungry at 10pm like we were last night. You won't be disappointed with your stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Pamela A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Rooms were large, attractive, & very comfortable. Staff was helpful & accommodating. We were attending UNC/USC football game and were in what we expected to be hostile territory. Instead we found staff (which included USC student) to be gracious and willing to raid the kitchen for bananas when we came in hot, tired, and depleted, wanting bananas to restore potassium levels. She was sympathetic to our football defeat, not gloating as might be expected from student. Very kind. Buffet breakfast this morning was delicious with great service, especially from Shay & April.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Carol D,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77! Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review. We will make sure to pass on your kind words to the staff, especially to Shay & April. Our staff truly exemplifies what southern hospitality is all about and we appreciate your acknowledgment. We hope to welcome you back soon next time you are in the area. Thanks for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott!

Toccoa, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Andrew, Michelle and all the staff at this hotel were simply great during our 3 separate Corporate training events this month! They were friendly and most accommodating, even when we needed our training room rearranged to a different seating arrangement! Hotel lobby and guest restrooms were clean and those of us who also stayed, enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning!! Thank you to all the staff!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Claire K,

Thank you very much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77 to host your training events. We truly appreciate your business and you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to the staff for a job well done. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Shelby at the frontdesk was so very gracious and accomodating. She went above and beyond to make this tired traveler very welcome and relaxed. I was worn out when I got there and the whole crew was very helpful. They also pointed out areas of interest and places to eat and gas up. It was a very welcoming experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Charlotte G
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Charlotte G,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to Shelby. She is truly an asset to the hotel and our guests. Thanks for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77. We hope to welcome you back soon!