“Colombia, SC”

Ranked #33 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“Colombia, SC”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My experience at Marriott Courtyard Hotels is always a pleasure. In Columbia the pleasant and helpful wait staff went a long way to making me feel good about my choice - deserving of particular mention was Jackie Kelly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Blue Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall, this was a lovely place to stay... especially convenient to I-77. The room we had was spacious and well-planned. Loved how the bed was around the corner from the bathroom location. All was very clean, aside from what looked to be a bloody smear in the toilet area wall. We were only spending one, short night, so I simply warned my husband about that spot and avoided it. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but had plenty of back support.

With so many hotels offering free breakfast with a night's stay, we were a little surprised that breakfast wasn't included. The prices however were reasonable. We were wanting to hit the road, though... we passed it up and stopped at McDonalds.

Very nice, well-staffed, and obviously nicely maintained facility. I'd stay again, but to be honest, would probably look for a place where breakfast was included. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a luggage cart. They had several available and really helped with moving stuff from car to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Connecticut
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We spent one night here on our way from Florida to Connecticut. I used my reward points and was very surprised to find we had been upgraded to a king suite, it was magnificent. The location is right off the highway and very easy to access. We opted to have dinner delivered to our room from a local restaurant and it was easy and reasonably priced.

The room was very clean and even though it is close to the highway we could hear no noise in our room. The staff was exceptionally friendly and pleasant. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel or use the pool though we could see it from our balcony.

It is a lovely place and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The king suite on the third floor was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the amazing review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to get some great rest while on the road. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back should you happen to ever be in the area again.

Thanks for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77. Take care!

Sales Manager
Katie.Register@marriott.com
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 5, 2013

As my daughter and I drove north from south Florida on our way to Charlotte we chanced upon this Marriott Courtyard in Columbia SC. Every employee was pleasant, the desk clerks were well-prepared with written material and with verbal guidance, the breakfast was excellent, and every employee we met during our stay was courteous and took obvious pride in their motel. I stay with the Marriott chain quite a lot, and I can say definitively that this one was well up at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Rooms with double queen beds are larger and lighter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Barry K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your hotel experience with other travelers. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill has to offer. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Sales Manager
Katie.Register@marriott.com
dundalk co louth
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here in April 2012 as I was on Business. I found the hotel very nice, comfortable, clean and staff very friendly, They always had lots of free coffee all day, lots of cookies in the evenings and always a big bowl of sweets at reception. Its downfall is it has no Restaurant or Bar so one has to go out and look for food some were else which is a big problem if you were not driving & had no car.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brendan J M
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience with other travelers and for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77. We hope to see you again next time you are traveling in the area!
Toronto
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very clean, comfortable hotel. Good location, close to restaurants and very easy to get back on the Interstate. Good breakfast, friendly service. The fitness room and jacuzzi room were well-equipped and nice after a long drive. We pre-booked and opted to have our breakfast included, which was well worth it - good selection. However like most hotels, still very few gluten-free options available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Our breakfast is definitely something to brag about. We are currently rated #1 in breakfast out of all Courtyards in the USA! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and your stay. We hope to see you next time you are passing through!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A good experience with checkin and breakfast. No issues with the room, except that housekeeping had left a cleaning rag on the nightstand. Comfortable and quiet, Would here stay again if in the area, a good choice.

Room Tip: Low floor on the Courtyard side best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard K
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!