“Absolutely Marvelous”

Ranked #62 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Alabama
“Absolutely Marvelous”
Reviewed December 8, 2006

We were booked on post. As usual, they "lost" our reservation. We were referred to Extended Stay. It was night and extremely difficult to find from the directions given. Once we found it, Sam, the host at Extended Stay, couldn't have been more congenial. There were 2 of us and we paid $69 per night. Our room was on the 3rd floor. It was immaculate. We had plenty of all the ammenities. I had brought my turkey and all the fixins for Thanksgiving with my son, who is stationed at Ft. Jackson. Although I was disappointed that the room didn't have an oven, I am resourceful and we had a delightful Thanksgiving dinner. We stayed a week. I am booked again this weekend.

Note: If you plan to stay a while and plan to cook, the kitchen is equipped with only the very basic cooking utensils, serving utensils. Take extra with you and BE SURE AND TAKE A KNIFE!!! :-)

• Liked — It was immaculate.
  • Disliked — NO OVEN.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank ArmyNGMom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Columbia, SC
Reviewed November 24, 2004

I booked this motel for my grandmother (93) and my cousin for Thankgiving. They stayed there last night. At check in they told them they only had a single bed room and they shook them down for an extra $60 above what they quoted on the phone. They staff was not polite, the room had no soap or shampoo, they had to buy it in the lobby! Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else. I moved them to another motel this morning. Motel no soap,dryer,breakfast,shampoo and shook them down for $109 a night after qouting $69 on phone. Shame on them!

7 Thank ddnf4sc
Travelers also viewed these Columbia hotels
Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbia/At Fort Jackson
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson
Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson
#49 of 94 in Columbia

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson

Property: Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson
Address: 5430 Forest Dr, Columbia, SC 29206-5401
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #62 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Columbia - Ft. Jackson Hotel Columbia