Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson
$71
ComfortInn
$134
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssam's clubwalking distance to walmartattending graduationroom was cleangreat place to stayfront desk stafffreewaymaintenance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I loved how close the hotel is from base since I went to BCT graduation. The staff was friendly. The only thing I had problems is that the bathroom tub was clogged. The room was clean and I liked that it had a small kitchen, bed was comfortable. Also, they didn't have extra sanitary items in the room; you have to ask for them. So make sure your room has the items and that everything works ;). For a short stay, it was fine for me. I didn't visit the breakfast but my mom did, it is what is says it is, a grab and go, so not many choices but there is a nice breakfast place a mile away, kind off a strip mall, taking a left at the exit from the plaza.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has the items and that everything works ;). For a short stay, it was fine for me.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Meybelina P
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We moved down to Columbia for work and are staying in a hotel until we find something. We have been staying here since Nov 29th. Our stay has been very nice. The new manager is excellent and will do anything for you to make your stay as enjoyable as it can be. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I gave it a 1 because for starters when we made our reservations we asked for a queen bed, when we got there only room left was two twin beds. I heard the reason from my sons friend that the reason a toilet did not stop running and destroyed two rooms, including his. When we got to the room it looked nice at first. My wife pulled back the covers and pillows and noticed black specks. I told her it looked like plastic. when she went into the bathroom, I pulled back my pillow. In between my pillow I found where a mouse was nesting! I didn't tell my wife because she would freak out!! Only room left at the hotel and area due to not only our sons graduation from recruiting school but graduation from boot camp at from FT. Jackson. I told the office staff in the morning, they were very apologetic but did not offer any refund

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chuck G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Chuck - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the level of cleanliness in your room is very disappointing. We are very sorry for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with my staff to deep clean your room and improve our cleaning procedures overall.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cfj2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This motel is awful. The "breakfast" consists of oatmeal and muffins that were moldy. The bed skirt had had mud and dirt on it and the comforter had stains. The tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in eons, the shower was broke, and the shower goes to cold water after only a few minutes! My sister was staying in a room on the 2nd floor and water began leaking into her room from the ceiling in the middle of the night. When these issues were brought to management's attention, the answer was the same, "I am sorry, that should not be like that" but they did nothing to rectify the issues. This place needs to be looked at by the Public Health Department. It is truly awful.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sophie1735
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you were not pleased with your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken proper measures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cfj2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We got this room for a great price. We were in Columbia for the USC game and it was hard to find any place that had vacancies. When we checked in the room looked nice. No complaints. Only had a few issues. The grab and go breakfast is just that. No orange juice. Sorry, but I am not a coffee drinker. The second day we stayed, the breakfast was taken down by 10:15. The girl at the desk just looked at me and said nothing when it was obvious that I was in there to get breakfast. If it is grab and go, why not offer it until at least check out. Check out was 11 so we thought we could get breakfast before we hit the road back home. The kitchen set up was nice. However, the microwave was very nasty. I don't think it was cleaned recently. We did see 1 small roach by the kitchen. And the toilet base was very dirty. I only noticed because I took a bath. The tub was clean. Had to ask for shampoo. They do not clean daily or bring towels. You have to ask. I think it is because it is an extended place to stay and I had never stayed at a hotel like that before. I would say that if you are on a budget, this is the place to stay. Did notice that there was a security guard walking around. Only saw him the first night though.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family