“Travel nurse value find!!!”

Extended Stay America - Columbia - West
Ranked #57 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
IRONTON
“Travel nurse value find!!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Great value, the staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, and most open onto the balcony, instead of a hallway, which is nice. You can open the window and be exposed to a little sunshine when the weather is nice.
The rooms are a little small, definitely not meant for a bigger group but probably OK for a couple. It worked well for me since I am usually alone or with one other person.
The kitchen area is nice to have, along with the stove, microwave and large fridge. Its almost like a small apartment.

I was concerned to stay there at first because it is close to the interstate, but it is actually much quieter there than the other extended stay I stayed at on the other side of greystone.

Other than a fire alarm check, the place stayed pretty quiet which is excellent for a midnight shifter. All in all, definitely a great value and I will be staying again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank REBECCA H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The cleanliness of the room was immaculate, which is by far the most important thing to me. This allowed for a pleasnt stay and a great night sleep on the exceptionally comfortable beds. The employee at the front desk was courteous, professional, and really well mannered which streamlined the check in process. The amenities were perfect and unbelievable for the price. We were able to cook a hearty meal which is great when you are on the road. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Upon arriving I was impressed with the cleanliness of the outside areas. Greeted promptly by a male, Name on tag (Dexy), very friendly, smiling face. He made check-in easy and fast. He was able to give me some idea's for local dining and some directions. I found the room very clean with a comfortable bed, and equipped with enough towels, soaps, etc. The carpet could be replaced as it has stains in some areas, but seemed vacumed and fairly clean. And the only honest complaint I can give is the selection of cable channels. Not enough and not even full basic cable. I would recommend this hotel for overnight stays, but would not for long term due to the lack of channels on their cable line up. You would think the hotel could afford to add some of the more popular channels!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and was not disturbed by any noise other than car doors and rooms doors cl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Upon arrival I was impressed by the exterior of the property . . . . dont judge the book by the cover!!!!!! I entered the office and was greeted by a male with a bright red mohawk he was seated and only stood once because his jacket was wrapped around his chair which kept him from being able to roll across the room . . . He didnt even make eye-contact with me during the Check-In process . . . Really??? I think to myself no biggie . . . let it go, then I get to my room which was gross, Cob Webs for Days, about a months worth of dirt and dust in every corner of the room, the sugar in the sugar caddy was hard as a rock who knows how old it was and to top it all off the next morning I get out of bed which was also hard as a rock to discover I shared it with a bug . . . Really"?????????? I never called down to complain to the front desk or managment simply because I have worked in the hotel industry for the past 5yrs a free night or some silly coupon would've been insulting. I just dont get it the property is decent but they may want to upgrade the staff atleast front desk and housekeeping(who I met the next morning sweet lady but how professional is it to knock on a door and speak to the guest with a mouth FULL of potatoe chips . . . Literally WTF?) . . . I should've stayed at one of columbias many roach motels atleast I would've gotten what I paid for. . . first week of a new year I take a $50 loss . . . This is my very first Trip Advisor review so im really not the complaining, picky traveler . . . HONESTLY Skip This Hotel there are too many others in the area for the same price or if its for 1night sleep in your car and put the money you saved in the gas tank

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank windowseat85

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Holden Beach, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I actually wasn't sure what to expect when I booked the hotel.Most of the reviews I had seen were a couple of months old.I never saw any roaches,there were a couple of little ants the first day but after that I didn't see any bugs.The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable.I wish there had been more channels on the tv since I worked nights and on my night off there wasn't much to choose from.The staff was very attentive.Some going beyond the call of service.Giving directions,recommendations such as Kelvin did while I was there.Thanks for the great stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the backside of the hotel,2nd floor.Quiet.Non smoking room.Clean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed on the first floor and there were enormous roaches in my room and crawling around outside when I went to do my laundry. The service was also sub-par. I had to deal with rude staff when I checked out. But the worst part of this experience was definitely the rampant roach infestation.

Room Tip: At least choose a room on the upper floors where you might be able to avoid some of the bugs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally visiting this site to inspect. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at Cripley@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The rooms looked just as an extended stay would. Regular furniture. Had cable, Internet, and such included. For the most part it was clean, pretty quite, especially considering how close to the highway it was. They allowed dogs so that made me happy. And the clerks Mrs Kim, Amy, and dexty were always friendly and helpfull!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#22 of 94 in Columbia
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - West? Share your experiences!