Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Ranked #38 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Average”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near a major mall and many restaurants. The hotels rooms and decorations are showing their age though the room was clean. The staff were nice when I arrived and appeared friendly. The hotel rooms need a renovation. Breakfast the next morning was fresh and well stocked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert K
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for posting a trip advisor comment. I apologize that you found our rooms less than up to your expectations, the rooms were renovated in March of this year, with all new carpet, furniture, beds, paint, and wall paper. If there was anything specifically wrong with you room, I would greatly appreciate your contacting me with any details. It is our goal to exceed your expectations, and I feel maybe we failed to do so. If I may be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again, and I hope you can come see us again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Macon
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well trained and professional staff. Excellent swimming pool and comfortable rooms. Great complimentary breakfast. Good location. Walking distance of restaurants and Columbiana Mall.
Easy reservation service and Marriott quality hotels.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel is best location.
1 Thank JimB101
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to post a comment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I will see it shared with our entire staff. Please come see us again soon.
DFW Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Lobby looks good. Room looks good. Bathroom wasn't clean (footsteps on the floor, smear of ugly-brown-something on shower surround. Reported to front desk. Maintenance came while I was gone, but the footsteps were still on the floor and smear was still on the surround when I returned, Didn't have time to request a different room.

Upon checkin, I requested a quiet room and had truck traffic 'driving through' from the highway all night.

Room Tip: If you must stay here: Check bathroom upon entering room. If stained dirty, get another room. Al...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, first I want to apologize for your experience, The problems you described are not typical for our property. I would love to discuss your experience in more detail, so I may further investigate the associates involved, and the room you were in. If I may be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall, the hotel is OK. Nothing much to complain about...or brag about. Rooms were clean, lobby was nice, pool was small but the kids liked it. The location is very convenient, with several restaurants in the area.

I deducted a couple starts because the rooms are dated and there were some maintenance issues. Tiles were literally detached from the wall in the bathroom. Also, there isn't a great breakfast. For the hot food, you can cook a waffle or heat a biscuit in the microwave. I know a manager responded to a previous post to say a better breakfast was coming. Well, I can say as of July 14, 2013, it hasn't.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to apologize for your experience, we are indeed in the process of upgrading to the new Hot Breakfast, If I may be of any service to you, or may in any way make up for your experience, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope you can come see us again, and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

When we asked when the pool closed, we were told it was already closed for the night. There had been some rowdy boys in the pool that were making a mess. Sure enough, when our children went to swim in the pool the next day, there was a broken step and screws in the bottom of the pool that they stepped on. They put them on the side of the pool and continued to swim for two hours. Then, an employee came to inform us the pool is "unsafe" and we had to leave. We didn't get to enjoy the pool as we had hoped during our stay, which was the whole point of our "weekend away." I'm not sure how it went from "safe" to "unsafe" during our swim. If it was deemed unsafe, it should have been closed the night before when the step was broken. Why couldn't a maintenance worker repair it during the 14+ hours it was broken?

Also, the front desk told us breakfast was until 10:00 am. We went down at 9:30, found the "cleanup worker" sitting at the guest computer in the lobby smiling at whatever he was looking at. Didn't think much of it until we went to choose a table. Every table was filthy, the chairs had food on them, and the floor was covered with food. I went to the front desk to ask if someone could clear one table for us. When he came to clean it, he didn't wipe the chairs. I had to ask him to. The food was almost all gone. The fruit option was green bananas. The food counter was covered with crumbs and trash. There were only a few muffins. When another guest asked if he was bringing more food, the employee said breakfast ended at 9:30. The other guest, just like us, had been told it was until 10:00.

We were very satisfied with our room. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. Good thing, because we ended up spending most of our time there.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear valued guest,

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with us, and see if I may in some way make up for your experience. Please feel free to contact me at your leisure.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Price was a bit below overage for hotels in the Columbia, SC and Asheville, NC area. We were passing through on our way to Myrtle Beach. The hotel had great reviews on Trip Advisor so we chose it. However, the hotel appears to be trying to "penny pench." The pool was poorly regulated - thermostat controlling water temp must have been broken. The indoor pool water felt like bath water! The elevator stopped working during our stay - I never saw an elevator maitenance man called. There was guest in a wheel chair that needed to get to his room. He had been waiting for at least 20 minutes. The lobby was freezing code. I assume that was so that you would not spend much time there watching tv, using the computer and eating breakfast. Again, summer "penny penching" techniques, but poor guest relations. On the upside the hotel is near a lot of resturaunts. Texas Roadhouse is just down the road. Zaxbys is also not too far. The front desk staff was also friendly.

Dear Valued Guest,

I really appreciate your taking the time to complete a review. I want to apologize that you left with a feeling we were trying to cut corners, or as you described, penny pinch. Of coarse we make every effort to control cost where utilities are concerned, but never want our guest to feel we have shorted them on service or that Marriott experience. Here in Columbia, it is a real balancing act to provide a comfortable climate interiorly, while controlling cost. I assure you, it is by far way more expensive to keep our lobby cool, than to let guest use our computer. If I may be of any service to you, or in any way help make up for your experience, please do not hesitate to contact me. With Kindest Regards..
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The light in the parking lot shone into our room and the curtains wouldnt pull closed to shut it out. We requested a wakeup call but never got it, so we overslept and the rest of our group had to go on without us. Dining area is very cramped. Muffins were moldy. When we checked out the lady at the front desk didn't even ask how our stay was. Guess they didn't want to know!

• Stayed June 2013
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking your valuable time to make us aware of your experience, I assure you it is not a typical one at our hotel. I would love the opportunity to discuss what happened, and the opportunity to try and resolve to your satisfaction. Fell free to contact me directly at your convenience. Thank You Again.