All reviewsfort jacksonfront deskcinnamon rollsjacuzzi tubwaffle housearmy graduationsitting areafirst floorindoor poolbasic trainingnice propertybusiness centerbooked this hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulking bednight's sleepyogurt
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Excellent hotel, soft comfy beds, clean. Nothing special, but it is a Holiday standard, which is very good by itself.
It is either new, or fairly new. Excellent breakfast.
Again, bed was extra soft and comfortable!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We needed a place to stay for the road trip. We picked this hotel because it was mid point where we were going. The check in staff was not very friendly and I was not greed as Spire member. Before I arrived, I called to get room upgrade and I got it. When we walked in the room, we could tell the room was very outdated. The room was very large but very weird layout. They have whirlpool right in front of bed. The wall paper was ripped and floor looked very old as well. The breakfast was very typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. When I left the hotel, I noticed they were painting the exterior. Overall, old hotel, it definitely needs make over.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

We made the reservation via my IHG app on my phone at the last minute, but no problems with check in. Our room was on the second floor. The hallway smelled musty and there was visible water damage to the carpet in front of our room door. The room seemed clean, but was in need of an update. The furniture was damaged, the beds very uncomfortable (my husband and I both woke with aching backs), and the room also smelled very musty. The air conditioning was not on at the time of check in so the room was very warm (June in South Carolina; you definately need air). When we looked out of our window, it was covered with plastic. Not sure if this had to do with outside painting or a water leak. The morning breakfast was pretty good, and the attendant kept everything filled. Overall, the stay was disappointing especially since we had just stayed the night before at another Holiday Inn Express in Sandusky Ohio and that location far exceeded our expectations.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2018

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to Ft. Jackson and its good reviews on this site, but I ended up being disappointed. I later learned that there are several other hotel choices in the same complex, plus there is even a hotel on the base.

While Ft. Jackson is only a few miles away, the hotel doesn't have a shuttle so you'd need to rent a car or take multiple expensive taxi rides to get around. Getting to the base from the hotel requires driving on the freeway so don't plan to walk there.

There are a few diners within walking distance of the hotel but they aren't good options if you're looking for healthy fare (think deep fried fish, pork chops, waffles, iceberg lettuce).

Pros: Friendly housekeeping staff. Beds changed daily. Microwave and refrigerator in room. Quiet hotel.

Cons:
Hallways and rooms are dated and shabby with old brown carpeting. Front desk staff not particularly friendly or helpful. They weren't able to answer simple questions about the area. I had fresh foods delivered to the hotel before my stay but they didn't refrigerate all the perishables. The breakfast didn't include many healthy options and did not seem fresh.

Overall, this hotel was not worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We usually head to SC close by this area and always get a room in this hotel. It's convenient, clean and staff are sweet. It's close to the freeway and the food places (especially driving in late) are close by.

Breakfast are OK, but my kids rather have Mcdonalds which is just a few lights away from this hotel. Staff are always friendly. Love it!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family