Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson
Ranked #34 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
daytona beach
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Very nice hotel, pleasant staff, clean, very reasonable. I will stay there again.

• Liked — facilty
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Maryland
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Ft. Jackson while my son attended a baseball camp at the Univ. of SC. This was the first hotel on our cross-country trip. It turned out to be one of the best hotels from the trip.

The room was very spacious, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast had a nice variety and was never too crowded. The washer/dryer was convenient.

The only thing we noticed that could be improved upon is the temperature in the lobby area. It was always a bit warm. Not sure if there was a problem w/the A.C. but it didn't seem to be functioning properly.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Was attending training at Ft Jackson, and had the opportunity to spend the weekend out in town, prior to deploying to Afghanistan. Let me tell you....for my last 2 weekends in the US, this was the perfect property. I had no complaints for either stay. Rooms are perfect. Location is pefect, and the price is right. Fair warning----the hotel books up, quickly, on weekends due to graduations at Ft Jackson....so, book early. And, occasionally the lobby would get a bit loud with all the Army folks there, but, not a big deal.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank MARATHON-MCPO-USN
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Booked via Priority Club site because of the reviews I read here on TripAdvisor. Very nice employees, great location if visiting Ft. Jackson and there is a Walmart, Target, drugstore and many places to eat nearby which is nice. The room was also very nice but beware the cleaning staff had left the shower head aimed out of the tub so I soaked myself and the floor. It was good for a laugh. Breakfast in the lobby (included) is also a nice touch.

• Liked — modern decor
  • Disliked — couldn't tell me where to find vegetarian restaurant
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We had a dual purpose for staying here: it was the halfway point from our holiday vacation in Florida and we were visiting a friend the next morning. This hotel has the most modern, spacious, comfortable rooms. The main bedroom was huge and then there was a split level area with a pull out sofa where our 4 year old daughter slept. Each space/room had a flat screen TV so it was nice to watch a movie with my husband while our daughter fell asleep watching cartoons. Not sure about what Columbia, SC has to offer since we were only meeting a friend for breakfast on our way back from a vacation but I could have stayed in that luxurious room all day!

• Liked — room, two flat screen TVs
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
new hamster
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Beware - if you make your reservations in ONE person's name, i.e., your spouse, but do not add yourself, you may not be able to get into the room in the following case:

We went to SC to see my husband's son graduate from Basic Training at Ft. Jackson. The morning of the ceremony, we called the front desk to ask if we could check out late and were told we could check out at 1 pm. After the ceremony, my husband and his son were involved in getting formal photos taken so I volunteered to return to the hotel in order to make the 1 pm checkout deadline. I had a room key card but I couldnt get in the room so took it to the front desk and was told "Oh they don't work after noon" which would have been nice to know when we called to ask for a 1 pm checkout. Before I was given another, I was asked to provide my driver's license which I had to go out to the car to get. They saw that I had the same last name and same address as my husband, in whose name the room was rented (although I myself had made those reservations), but THEY WOULDNT GIVE ME A NEW KEY CARD BECAUSE MY NAME WAS NOT ON THE RESERVATION!!!!!! They said "Is there somewhere we could reach your husband?" I said "Yes he has a cell fone but he might not hear it, he is half deaf and they're in a loud mall-like area." I hoped and prayed he would hear it. I said in a very irritated manner, "WHAT IF HE WAS NOT REACHABLE BY FONE? Some people might not be! And not everyone HAS a cell fone! You're telling me I won't be able to get back into the room to check out by YOUR deadline if he is not reachable by fone?????!!!!!! You gotta be honking me!" And I should have added, "What if I had put him on a plane right after the ceremony?" as I am sure must happen to SOME parents of the several classes of 1000 soldiers who graduate every year. Fortunately, they were able to reach my husband on his cell fone and I was able to get a new key card and get into the room. I was livid. They kept saying "Well it's for your protection" and "That's our policy" like that made everything okay!!! When my husband heard about it, he said they must do that to protect cheating spouses from suspicious spouses, but they knew I had stayed in the room already, BECAUSE I had a key card! So really, there is no GOOD reason for them to deny me access to a room I had already slept in 2 nights. I guess they thought I might have FOUND the key card somewhere and just decided I wanted to try to get into that particular room, and my last name and address JUST HAPPENED to match EXACTLY the last name and address of the person registered for that room! HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET.

So - just so ya know, it's a nice place, with a nice breakfast, but STUPID rules like that totally ruined the experience, and for no good reason that I could see. I will be writing to the manager and the manager's boss. Plus the ceiling of room 501 is horribly patched and ugly as it must have leaked like crazy at some point.

• Liked — room was decent, bathroom decent, breakfast good for its type (not sit-down restaurant order off the menu)
  • Disliked — nitwitted policies that make no sense whatsoever. travelers store sold single serving cereal but no milk!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed May 6, 2007

We found this hotel by accident and couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel looked and smelled like brand new and the beds were heavenly after a long day on the road. The continental breakfast had a huge variety to choose from. We spent 3 nights at this location and would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Clean & friendly
  • Disliked — No negatives
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple